Looking For Free Online Particular Baptist History

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username3000

Does anyone know of any free online sources where I can find writings about Particular Baptist history?

I know there are scanned books online, but I am looking for things in a text format so that I can copy and paste.

Thanks,

Does anyone know of any free online sources where I can find writings about Particular Baptist history?

I know there are scanned books online, but I am looking for things in a text format so that I can copy and paste.

Thanks,
I just download the scanned books and then OCR them using Adobe Acrobat or Foxit Phantom PDF. You can then copy and paste from the resulting PDF document. The paste will likely require some manual editing to remove poorly recognized OCR renderings, hard carriage line endings, etc. Most decent plaintext editors, like TextPAD or EditPad Pro can automate removal of end of line return codes, too.

Now if you have something like ABBY FineReader you can convert them to MS Word docs that will usually require some manual editing to correct OCR errors. Of course, both Foxit and Acrobat can also save the docs as editable docs, too, but ABBY is much better at it.

Thanks. I'll look into that when time permits.

That is a great way to get free books.

I'm interested in this as well, thank you for posting. There are so many resources available on reformed Baptist sermons and apologetics but not much to be found on history that I can see at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back