Looking for Herman Hoeksema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus is my friend

Puritan Board Junior
Hi There

I am trying to obtain whatever I can of the Reformed Dogmatics book(s) by Herman Hoeksema,it's a lot of money which I have little of but you never know who might have the one or two volume complete set just just kicking around or maybe in beat up shape be willing to part with it for a humble price,I am trying to research his views on Supralapsarianism which I believe is in chapter 5 volume 1,any help would be appreciated-thanks so much:wave:

Hi There

I am trying to obtain whatever I can of the Reformed Dogmatics book(s) by Herman Hoeksema,it's a lot of money which I have little of but you never know who might have the one or two volume complete set just just kicking around or maybe in beat up shape be willing to part with it for a humble price,I am trying to research his views on Supralapsarianism which I believe is in chapter 5 volume 1,any help would be appreciated-thanks so much:wave:

I picked up one the early one volume editions for $4 bucks from gospelmissionbooks.com You could always send them an email and ask if they have another available.

I'm a big fan of HH.

:book2:

What is it you'd like to know? Maybe I can just look it up for you?

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

PS: Have you read Gill? They are very similar when it comes to this doctrine. (in my opinion)

Hi There

I picked up one the early one volume editions for $4 bucks from gospelmissionbooks.com You could always send them an email and ask if they have another available.

I'm a big fan of HH.

:book2:

What is it you'd like to know? Maybe I can just look it up for you?

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

PS: Have you read Gill? They are very similar when it comes to this doctrine. (in my opinion)

Got one at Amazon tonight for 4 dollars too:banana:it's my first deep dive into Hoeksema,listened to some of his sermons,good teaching,been reading Gordon Clark,Vincent Cheung and Robert Reymond (love all three!)so it would be a good fit to dig into Hoeksema (all Supralapsarian which is where i'm leaning) Gill's "cause of God.." would be next,I'd be interested to see what titles,authors,articles etc. you would recommend,thanks so much for helping!

Here's some Cheung,he is very unconventional and without pedigree of any kind and yet rock solid.

http://www.vincentcheung.com/other/supralap.pdf

Vincent Cheung .com » The Author of Sin

How about David Englesma? is he worth reading?

I like Clark and Reymond, Englesma...yes. Gilbert Beebe, William Huntington, J. C. Philpot, J. K. Popham, James Bourne, John Brine, Robert Hawker, Silas Durand's commentary on Job, Tobias Crisp, John Skepp (with a word of caution) and Augustus Toplady to get things started.

A lot of what I read I refer to on my blog. When I find a choice quote it ends up there.

I like Clark and Reymond, Englesma...yes. Gilbert Beebe, William Huntington, J. C. Philpot, J. K. Popham, James Bourne, John Brine, Robert Hawker, Silas Durand's commentary on Job, Tobias Crisp, John Skepp (with a word of caution) and Augustus Toplady to get things started.

A lot of what I read I refer to on my blog. When I find a choice quote it ends up there.

I'd be interested to read your blog,what's it called?

It's in my sig line. I post quotes from books, blogs, articles, etc. that I read and find interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back