Looking for more Reformation/Post-Reformation resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

ransomed__

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi there

Recently I have come across some stimulating resources on Reformation/Post-Reformation theology: books such as Calvin and the Reformed Tradition by Richard Muller and A Puritan Theology by Joel Beeke & Mark Jones (the footnotes in these books are pointing me to names I have never heard of, like Musculus, Zanchi, Du Moulin, Gomarus), blogs such as The Heidelblog, The Calvinist International and this one, organisations such as Davenant Trust and Junius Institute.

These talks from the Junius Institute go right over my head but are fascinating nontheless and I wonder if there any other similar websites, blogs, video/audio resources that discuss 16th/17th century Reformed theology, whether for laypeople or academics. Please post your recommendations. Thank you

Last edited:
Our friend Travis has put together a wonderful collection on the link below.

https://reformedbooksonline.com

Even though I would disagree with some of the positions promoted here (e.g. EP and the pope is the Antichrist), it is certainly a helpful resource and I have greatly benefited from it.

Thank you for the links. Are there any resources (preferrably audio/video) that discuss those primary sources?

You may consider working your way through the TNARS Puritan lectures here, or any number of PRTS courses here (including Beeke's Puritan Theology lectures), or Carl Trueman's class on the Reformation here, or a series of lectures on Wilhelmus a'Brakel here, or a Derek Thomas audio series on John Owen here, or a J.I. Packer seminary course on the Puritans here, or Doug Kelly's course on Puritanism here.

When you're ready to read, the Puritan Library or the Post-Reformation Digital Library should keep you busy for a while.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back