Looking for Ms. Locklear - A Rhett And Link Movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smhbbag

Puritan Board Senior
I know there's a fair amount of Rhett and Link fans around here - but this is for everyone. For those who don't know, they are an internet music/comedy duo who have also just released their first movie.

You can watch the trailer here: Films Rhett&Link: Internetainment

It's won a number of independent film festival awards, and I had the great fortune of seeing the public premiere in Cary, NC recently along with my brother-in-law. We also made over 500 Rhett and Link buttons for all who attended :lol:

I will be the first to say that the movie is WAY, WAY better than the trailer makes it out to be. And the trailer is not bad. The movie is filled with real, unscripted people who are hilarious, sincere, pitiable, and country as country can be. It is not an exaggeration to say this 58-minute movie made me both laugh and cry.

You can order the DVD here:
https://www.createspace.com/262716

It's 14.99 + shipping/handling of $3....and there's a coupon code, but I'm checking with them to see if I'm authorized to give it out. It may have just been for those at the premiere.

I am not one to be easily entertained by independent, amateur movies. But this one is just plain good.

And I appreciate what my brother-in-law said just before the movie. He came down from Michigan to visit us and see the premiere. I'm not sure which was a higher priority :lol: He said, "I'm making these buttons, seeing this premiere, and supporting them in every way I can because A) they are hilarious and B) for what they represent. Comedy needs this."

I couldn't agree more.

These guys are pretty funny, but how do they support themselves? Do they do this exclusively or do they have day jobs?

These guys are pretty funny, but how do they support themselves? Do they do this exclusively or do they have day jobs?

They do this exclusively. They used to have day jobs after graduating as engineers from NC State, but a few months into those jobs they realized that it just wasn't for them. They had been doing skits and songs for Campus Crusade at NC State, and realized they wanted to try to make a living at it.

And the most amazing thing: their wives went along with it. Both are married and have kids.

I have no idea what kind of money they make, but it isn't a lot. It's also not too little, as they both have relatively nice houses and seem secure. A lot of their projects do pay - Alka Seltzer sponsored their Great American Road Trip, they've made a dozen or so (intentionally) bad local commercial spots for actual companies that have aired, and other such videos. It doesn't seem like it would be nearly enough to support both their families....but somehow they're making it work.

Well, it arrived in the mail today.....and needless to say we had it playing about 5 minutes later :)

It has a lot more on it than I thought - Director's Commentary, 5 of their most popular web videos to introduce themselves to new viewers, over 1/2 hour of deleted scenes, and some other odds and ends. The case and packaging was surprisingly professional.

Also - it is "region-free," meaning it will work worldwide, for any internationals interested.

And while we enjoyed getting to watch it, really this is just another excuse to give them a plug :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back