Looking for Robert Reymond's Systematic Theology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus is my friend

Puritan Board Junior
I am saddened to learn that my fave Systematic Theology appears to be out of print,It's available for ebook only:(,I am not a fan of ebooks and it's because of these things that books like this are out of print,I have a copy for myself but many at my Church are wanting a real book copy,does anyone know of anywhere that has a few in stock for a decent price (Less than 50 dollars)

Christianbook.com: A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith: 2nd Edition - Revised and Updated - eBook: Robert L. Reymond: 9781418586805

Here is the ebook link,I'm sorry if you are an ebook fan,but for poor folks like me,they are not an option,and besides I love real books

The two best search sites for used books that I know of are BookFinder.com: Search for New & Used Books, Textbooks, Out-of-Print and Rare Books and AddALL Used and Out of Print book search

I'd keep an eye on eBay and Half.com as well although right now the price is comparable to a used copy in the Amazon Marketplace. I haven't seen it for less than $50.

You might try some FB groups too. There's a Christian Theology Book Exchange. It's not as active as the Bible Exchange, but you might ask there and see what happens. Someone might be willing to sell or trade. Some of the Reformed and Calvinistic groups there might be a good option too unless they have rules against that kind of post.

I wonder why it is out of print.

I wondered the same thing. It's a little hard to believe, although I see here that a few years ago it was once OOP for over 6 months. (I'm thinking that it can't have been out of print now for much longer than that.) Sales are probably slower now with newer ST's like Horton's and others that have been issued since the late 90's. Given the prominence of the work within its niche, I'm thinking we'll eventually see it come back into print, even with Nelson publishing worse and worse material as time goes by. I wonder how many seminaries and other schools have been using Reymond as a text over the past couple of years as compared to 5-10 years ago?

Perhaps there will be a growing trend of older books that don't have mass appeal only becoming available as ebooks once they go out of print? I'm thinking particularly of those published by the likes of Zondervan and Nelson, both of which are now owned by Harper Collins. One example that comes to mind is the NIV Spirit of the Reformation Study Bible. With the exception of the use of the NIV, I think it's better than the Reformation Study Bible in every way. But I'd be somewhat surprised to ever see it back in print as a hard copy or physical book. I think it's been OOP for around 4-5 years. But it recently became available in ebook format. I don't think it was ever that popular to begin with, probably because it used the NIV when many Reformed people were abandoning it. Confusion over the two competing Reformation Study Bibles may have been a factor too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back