Looking for screenshot of Berkouwer page in Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
Hans Boersma in Violence, Hospitality, and the Cross references that history for Klaas Schilder was a subset of God's acting out his eternal decrees (page 166 note 46). I think what Boersma meant to say is that Schilder was summarizing (but not endorsing) a variant of High Calvinism. In fact, that sounds kind of like the position that Schilder combated. Boersma references GC Berkouwer's Providence of God page 71.

Would someone take a picture of that page and post it so I can see the larger context? Thanks.

Hans Boersma in Violence, Hospitality, and the Cross references that history for Klaas Schilder was a subset of God's acting out his eternal decrees (page 166 note 46). I think what Boersma meant to say is that Schilder was summarizing (but not endorsing) a variant of High Calvinism. In fact, that sounds kind of like the position that Schilder combated. Boersma references GC Berkouwer's Providence of God page 71.

Would someone take a picture of that page and post it so I can see the larger context? Thanks.
upload_2018-12-3_12-57-27.png

How did I do this?

- "Look Inside" at Amazon for the book in question.
- Observe from that feature the index to words and terms.
- Locate some phrase on page 7 in the index. I used "of judgment."
- Go to Google Books, find the book in question, then search for one of the phrases cited to be on page 71.

;)

How did I do this?

- "Look Inside" at Amazon for the book in question.
- Observe from that feature the index to words and terms.
- Locate some phrase on page 7 in the index. I used "of judgment."
- Go to Google Books, find the book in question, then search for one of the phrases cited to be on page 71.

LOL. What was I not thinking? I do this kind of stuff all the time and completely forgot about it. Anyway, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back