Looking for Worldview curriculum for teens

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuritanCovenanter

The Joyful Curmudgeon
Staff member
Any recommendations? The Elders want to teach a worldview series to the teens. Have any of you used any video series that would be appropriate for teens that teach on a Christian World View?

re video: how many videos are you considering per series? I have a few thoughts at 6 videos a series, but you might want something more.

Jacob.... Did you ever get an instant messenger?

I wanted to challenge the kids with a little deeper stuff but I am not so sure they could follow as deeply as I would desire. But my kids sure can handle thinking a little deeper. I think we are to whimpy with the kids now days.

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
Jacob.... Did you ever get an instant messenger?

I wanted to challenge the kids with a little deeper stuff but I am not so sure they could follow as deeply as I would desire. But my kids sure can handle thinking a little deeper. I think we are to whimpy with the kids now days.

I do have instant messenger but I never get on it. Carpal tunnel syndrome. It hurts when I type. I am a ferocious emailer, though. I will get back to you on the stuff.

Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia
The Universe Next Door by Sire would be a good intro-level book to go through, although I find it EXTREMELY basic.

That's my thoughts as well. I was about to recommend it. Its main strength is that he defines (if too simply) what each worldview is about.

Originally posted by Draught Horse
Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia
The Universe Next Door by Sire would be a good intro-level book to go through, although I find it EXTREMELY basic.

That's my thoughts as well. I was about to recommend it. Its main strength is that he defines (if too simply) what each worldview is about.

It is almost a misrepresentation in some cases, which unfortunately, many Christian "philosophers" seem to be overcome with.

If Martin is looking for material for high schoolers, The Universe Next Door will not be too basic. It may be too hard. It is an excellent resource, though.

Sproul has a video series out called Choosing My Religion. I have heard it is good but I have not seen it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back