Lord’s Day 2 (2019). To profane the sabbath, is a sin of an high nature. Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
Lord’s Day 2 (2019). “To profane the sabbath, is a sin of an high nature; it is a willful contempt of God; it is not only casting His law behind our back, but trampling it under foot. He says, ‘Keep the Sabbath holy;’ but men pollute it: this is to despise God, to hang out the flag of defiance, to throw down the gauntlet, and challenge God himself” (Thomas Watson). “Christ is born, is circumcised, dies, rises again for us every day in the preaching of the Gospel” (Danæu). “This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24).

“Christ is born, is circumcised, dies, rises again for us every day in the preaching of the Gospel” (Danæu).
Hi Mr. Chris! Can you please clarify this statement for me? I right away think of Hebrews that speaks of Christ's sacrifice made once for all, and then I think of the Roman mass which tries to resacrifice the Lord week after week. How am I supposed to understand that statement? Thanks!

It's from a statement by Lambert Danaeu who was saying all the pretended holy days should be done away with. "I esteem and judge that the days consecrated to Christ must be lifted, says Danæus: Christ is born, is circumcised, dies, rises again for us every day in the preaching of the Gospel." Cited in Gillespie, English Popish Ceremonies (2013), 50. It is only cited indirectly there and I only recently found the original source in Latin and have sought a full translation since I cite it at the of each of these types of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back