Louisville, KY June 21-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan

Pastor
I'm attending the SBC Pastor's Conference and Annual Meeting in Louisville, Kentucky, June 21-24. I haven't attend a SBC Annual Meeting since about 1987. I think it was in St. Louis that year.

I was wondering if anyone in the Louisville area knows of any hotels that are located near the Expo Center that might have a room available? I'm having a difficult time finding one. I'm not too wondered about price, although I'd like to stay under $150 a night and would, of course, prefer a lot less.

Ivan, I'm your man! Let me see what I can come up with. I'm not sure about prices around the KY Expo Center, but elsewhere in town you would be able to get a room for less than $100. I'm not sure about downtown prices though...

Ivan, I'm your man! Let me see what I can come up with. I'm not sure about prices around the KY Expo Center, but elsewhere in town you would be able to get a room for less than $100. I'm not sure about downtown prices though...

Availability is the problem. Of course, I don't want to get too far from the Expo Center, if possible. Last night I did see a B&B not far from the Center but I haven't found it yet tonight. It appears that tge Expo is right off the Interstate so it should be too hard to get to.

Tim, do you know anything about parking around the Expo Center. Easy access? Price?

I stayed in Bullitt County in a nice place for under 70 bucks at a Quality Inn. That isn't that far from Downtown Louisville.

Availability is the problem. Of course, I don't want to get too far from the Expo Center, if possible. Last night I did see a B&B not far from the Center but I haven't found it yet tonight. It appears that tge Expo is right off the Interstate so it should be too hard to get to.

Tim, do you know anything about parking around the Expo Center. Easy access? Price?

There are several parking garages around downtown, including two that connect to the Expo center. Here's a website that shows the locations. Pricing, if I remember, is in the neighborhood of $1-1.50 and hour, with a daily max of around $10-12.

The biggest problem with getting around d'town is lots of one way streets. Otherwise it's not too bad.

We hosted a meeting of presbytery here a couple of months ago. I reserved a block of rooms for the guys at a local Best Western. It cost $59 a night, and the rooms were VERY nice (it is in a business park and for business travelers). And while the hotel is not near d'town, it is right next to the Interstate (64) which is probably a 15-20 minute ride on a bad day. You won't get that great price (it was a group rate), but you might be able to get something close. PM me and I'll pass along the info if you're interested.

Had my car stolen from a downtown Louisville hotel parking lot, the night before I was scheduled to preach. That was about 1990.

Had my car stolen from a downtown Louisville hotel parking lot, the night before I was scheduled to preach. That was about 1990.

Doubtful anyone would want my car!

-----Added 5/5/2009 at 02:57:55 EST-----

You spelled Loserville wrong in the title.

Why are you spelling Louisville, Loseville?

-----Added 5/5/2009 at 02:58:34 EST-----

Did I just hear Joe B. Hall? :lol:

...and who is Joe B. Hall?

You get to go away again???? Rough life! ;)

Our store manager is very generous. With vacation time and holidays, I get at least three weeks off per year (and vacation days increase over the years---to, I think, as much as five weeks off a year) and we can use those days with our normal days off. Potentially I could have about four or five "Four Days Off" vacations. My last vacation that took five vacation days was actually nine days off in a row. My trip to Louisville will use two holidays and will be equal to four days and 19 hours off. I'll probably take more time off in August.

Walmart is a lot better than people think.

Joe B. Hall was the coach of the University of Kentucky (arch rival of the University of Louisville). There is a local radio show which parodies Hall (who has a distinctive Kentuckian accent) and has him continually calling Louisville, Loserville.

Now you have some pre-visitation cultural training for Louisville. :lol:

Ivan, after going to bed last night, I remembered (read: the missus reminded me) that I was confusing the Kentucky Convention Center (which is downtown) and the Kentucky Expo Center (which is near the airport). Here is a link for the Expo Center, including parking info. In this case, the hotel I mentioned to you last evening would be an even better choice, since it would be quicker to get to the expo center than to get downtown.

Joe B. Hall was the coach of the University of Kentucky (arch rival of the University of Louisville). There is a local radio show which parodies Hall (who has a distinctive Kentuckian accent) and has him continually calling Louisville, Loserville.

Now you have some pre-visitation cultural training for Louisville. :lol:

Cool.

-----Added 5/5/2009 at 11:28:53 EST-----

Ivan, after going to bed last night, I remembered (read: the missus reminded me) that I was confusing the Kentucky Convention Center (which is downtown) and the Kentucky Expo Center (which is near the airport). Here is a link for the Expo Center, including parking info. In this case, the hotel I mentioned to you last evening would be an even better choice, since it would be quicker to get to the expo center than to get downtown.

Got it, Tim. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back