Lutheran Systematic Theologies

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is of interest to anyone, I added a number more works to this page. We are up to 32 Lutheran theologians now. If anyone has any others to suggest, I would be glad to consider adding them.

Do you plan on adding I. Dorner (1800s)? Granted he is more of a historical theologian. I also recommend Robert Preus' two volume work on Lutheran Scholasticism. Also see Schmidt's work on Evangelical Lutheran Dogmatics (The Lutheran alternative to Heppe)

I concur with Jacob's inclusion of Preus. Despite his sad end among the LCMS, his work was brilliant.

Also, the six available volumes in the Confessional Lutheran Dogmatics series being published by the Luther Academy (referenced in the list Travis give) is available for a limited time at a 50% off deal. http://www.logia.org/luther-academy-books/?category=Dogmatics. These are probably the most up-to-date and accessible treatments of serious dogmatic themes from a confessional Lutheran perspective you will find. Some of the future volumes are being written by friends of mine who are EXTREMELY capable. I'm eagerly looking forward to their publication. But, if you want a "deal," snatch up the ones in print now while they are at 50% off.

Last edited:
Sirs,

Thank you very much for the recommendations. I added Isaak Dorner (though he was a 'mediating' theologian) and Robert Preus. The sale at the Luther Academy looks great too.

I couldn't find anything in English by Thomasius (except something on Natural Law and civil jurisprudence, which didn't seem to fit into the systematic category). If you know of any, please link them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back