MacArthur's Millennial Manifesto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people got upset not because he holds to pretribulationism, which was certainly no secret, but because his title was something like "Why every self-respecting Calvinist should be premillennial" and the message was delivered at a pastors conference that had a lot of amils present.

I forgot what the title was, but it was something really simple, not that. But he did say that very thing at the beginning.

The thing that gets me is that I am, for the most part, a premil. But I don't agree with many of the statements he made.

That's because you were agreeing with his premillennialism and disagreeing with his dispensationalism.

One thing that should be said: despite his strong opinions, he is a very gracious man in person (I've met him several times) who is genuinely interested in what you have to say. Instead of keeping his distance from his congregation, he usually stays after the service to talk to people. Sometimes the lines are quite long.

Quick note on the girl comment: "I love godly girls, I could marry them all"JOhn Piper at T4G 2008. But there is a small minority of Calvinists who are dispensational. Its not historic but a part of believing in sola scriptura means that we put proper hermeuntics over tradition. Lets not forget that. I would gladly stop believing in covenant theology if I was shown in the word of God that dispensationalism is true... not going to happen b/c I'm right but i'm open to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back