Mad Max Fury Road [Skip It]

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycheives

Puritan Board Freshman
Never saw the original Mad Max movies but heard people only say great things about them. Every single non-Christian review I came across was for this movie was 4.5/5 starts or 5 stars. The Christian review I checked was also 5 stars - it only warned there was lots of violence. Hey, I can handle Braveheart violence. :p Everyone seemed to be talking about how great Mad Max was. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. Your life will be so much better off without it. Spend your two hours doing something that adds value, not pollutes your soul (I was going to say mind, but it really gets inside of you).

How bad could such a highly rated movie by the director of Babe and Happy Feet be? So I made the very bad mistake of going with a friend to this movie and was immediately horrified by the intentional shock theme - extremely gross in every single way a movie could be. Like a heavy metal rock band video on steroids - think Slipnot. Dirty, diseased, sick, deformed, scared, branded, painted people wearing horror bondage face masks like BDSM. I tried to get past the disgusting elements but there were just too many and they were soooo nasty. We agreed this was very unedifying and walked out in the middle of the film feeling very dirty. Please spare yourselves! I know this is the kind of movie young guys like but this movie is just sexually deviant (too gross to put in writing) and degrading of women; I can enjoy a good action movie too, but there was absolutely nothing redeeming at all about this movie.

So disturbed, now I can't sleep. Dirty, DIRTY movie. Ugh... now I feel dirty. Have to stay up and read to recover.

I was able to find another review that was still WAAAY too positive and glorifying of this movie (but I agree with the 1 star, is it?): http://www.pluggedin.com/movie-reviews/mad-max-fury-road

Last edited:
Well the positive is that you have been taught the difference
between the clean and the unclean, the holy and unholy,so treat it
as a providential lesson that a wise and holy Father tutored.
Personally,I hold that the content of most films are injurious to spiritual life
and it is better to think upon those things that are true,honest,just,
pure, lovely,and whatsoever is of good report.
The blood of Christ can deal with the aftermath of your experience.

Well the positive is that you have been taught the difference
between the clean and the unclean, the holy and unholy,so treat it
as a providential lesson that a wise and holy Father tutored.
Personally,I hold that the content of most films are injurious to spiritual life
and it is better to think upon those things that are true,honest,just,
pure, lovely,and whatsoever is of good report.
The blood of Christ can deal with the aftermath of your experience.

Well said, Jeff. What you said is applicable not only to this situation, but in many other areas where the Psalmist tells us to avoid worthless things.

I know this is the kind of movie young guys like but this movie is just sexually deviant (too gross to put in writing) and degrading of women

Regarding women, this is actually being hailed as a great feminist action movie with Max taking a back seat to Furiosa, etc. A few "men's rights" advocates protested the movie because of it. I saw the first 3 films years ago. "The Road Warrior" in particular was a staple of cable television in the 80's. When I saw the enthusiastic reviews I thought seriously of going to see it the first week but haven't ended up going.

I know this is the kind of movie young guys like but this movie is just sexually deviant (too gross to put in writing) and degrading of women

Regarding women, this is actually being hailed as a great feminist action movie with Max taking a back seat to Furiosa, etc. A few "men's rights" advocates protested the movie because of it. I saw the first 3 films years ago. "The Road Warrior" in particular was a staple of cable television in the 80's. When I saw the enthusiastic reviews I thought seriously of going to see it the first week but haven't ended up going.

Yes, she's portrayed as the hero. But the other women in the film are not - the other women are slaves portrayed in what I would consider a BDSM way to give guys thrills.

Yes, she's portrayed as the hero. But the other women in the film are not - the other women are slaves portrayed in what I would consider a BDSM way to give guys thrills.

Did you see the trailer before hand?

This is why I don't watch television, or go to films. Of the world 99% of the time.

1 Peter 4:3-4

3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: 4 wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back