Magnavox LCD tv acting weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

arapahoepark

Puritan Board Professor
The past couple of days my Magnavox tv has been hosed up so to speak. The remote at times, will only going to the menu settings no matter what button you press. It affects even the cable remote. It won't turn off via any buttons on any remote for it, nor the button TV when it acts this way. Cable works fine on it if you happen to be on HDMI 1, but you can not adjust the settings, switch to DVD or Xbox, including volume, or turn it off after this happens.
any ideas?

Start with a complete reboot. Turn off and unplug the TV and everything it connects to. Remove and replace batteries in the remote. Then get everything up and running again and see if the problem is resolved.

If that fails, it my be a sign that you aren't meant to waste time on TV or Xbox. Give it away, and go read some Puritans. ;)

The Zenith I bought in 1991 is having some issues as well. I probably should have bought a new one in the box instead of the floor model.

Can't take it back now, however. Not only is the Sears gone, the whole mall was bulldozed over 10 years ago.

On a more serious note, if Jack's suggestion doesn't work, the only other thing to explore would be whether there is interference on the frequency used by the remote. Other than that, modern electronics usually aren't worth replacing.

The Zenith I bought in 1991 is having some issues as well. I probably should have bought a new one in the box instead of the floor model.

Can't take it back now, however. Not only is the Sears gone, the whole mall was bulldozed over 10 years ago.

On a more serious note, if Jack's suggestion doesn't work, the only other thing to explore would be whether there is interference on the frequency used by the remote. Other than that, modern electronics usually aren't worth replacing.
You mean repairing? :)

The tv wife and I got for our wedding turned 10 this summer and we just replaced it. The few conversations I’ve had about TV age usually ended up with a gasp about ours. 29 years....that’s impressive.

@ZackF The 34 year old refrigerator just died. Fortunately we have one that's 66 years old in the garage to tide us over until a new one arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back