Man’s Chief End

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10797

Q1. What is the chief end of man?
A. Man's chief end is the glorify God and enjoy him forever.
1 Corinthians 10:31 Psalm 73:25-26​

We cannot add or take away from God's glory, for he is infinitely glorious in thought, word, and deed. The question then arises, how do we glorify God and enjoy him? We do so in many ways such as in faith and repentance. We declare God's glory and mercy in true repentance. Repentance shows that God forgives sinners of their sins. As we confess his name, we declare he is trustworthy and true. We ought to declare God's glory in faithfulness to his service. Outwardly, good deeds bring glory to God. Inwardly, by living a life of holiness also declares the glory of God. It is the Christian's delight to live for God and for the things of God (1 Corinthians 6:20).

Prayer to God brings glory to him, as we confess that he is a God who is interested in the affairs of mankind and a God who cares for creation. Creation itself declares the glory of God. Psalm 19:1 says, “The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.” Mankind was created to bring glory to God. Isaiah 43:7 says, “Everyone who is called by My name, And whom I have created for My glory, Whom I have formed, even whom I have made.” Revelation 4:11 also declares this truth, “Worthy art Thou, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for Thou didst create all things, and because of Thy will they existed, and were created.”

In 2 Peter 1:3, the Bible says, “seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.” For this reason, all mankind ought to recognise God and His daily provisions. We enjoy God by glorying him and glorying God is the Christian's enjoyment. To glorify God, we must worship him in thought, word, and deed. We can also glorify God in death as well as in life. In John 21:19 Jesus tells Peter that he will bring glory to God by his death. Just like Peter, we can also bring glory to God in death. Paul wrote, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7). We honour God in death by persevering to the end.

Here are some quotes from Christian men during their final moments on earth. “Our God is the God from whom cometh salvation. God is the Lord by whom we escape death.” Martin Luther. “I enjoy heaven already in my soul. My prayers are all converted into praises.” Augustus Toplady. John Knox said these words just before he died, “Live in Christ, die in Christ, and the flesh need not fear death.” Every Christian can have the same peace and assurance in death as the men quoted above. Jesus said that he is the life and the resurrection all those who trust in him even though they may die in the body will live forever. We will glorify God forever in his heavenly Kingdom. We will have every lasting joy, peace, happiness, and eternal rest in God’s Kingdom above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back