Many or few?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The covenant God made with Abraham included all families, nations, tongues and peoples. The model of Israel is not shifted to the church, but is prophecied to be repeated to all nations, this we call Christendom, or Christ's reign over all of the nations of the earth as King of kings and Lord of lords. In other words, Christ is head of Church and State, and is to be acknowledged and worshipped in both spheres.

For more detailed explanation of what used to be standard fare Presbyterian doctrine, you can read Symington's book, Messiah the Prince.

The reason that this affects the opening post is that the prophecies of the Old Covenant regarding the New (as I cited above), indicate that the bulk of the Gentiles will be saved. God will put His Name on all nations of the earth, and they will serve Him, before Christ returns in judgment.

Cheers,

Right that is what I thought you were saying but I was trying to avoid being trapped. It is clear you are a postmillennialist, I am not of that variety. I am an optimistic amillennialist however. That should answer your question.

Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords unto His mediatorial Church-nation, which constitutes the subjects of His Kingdom.

He does not rule over the nations directly as His mediatorial kingdom as did e.g. David or Solomon.

No church establishment, national covenant or application of God's law to the state, can constitute a nation like America or Britain Christ's Mediatorial Kingdom.

The members of the visible, and particularly the invisible Church, constitute the subjects of Christ's kingdom.

Rulers of the various nation states are not

(a) The Lord's Anointed. As were the leaders of Israel, including Moses and Joshua and David and Solomon.

(b) Nor deputies or vicars of the Lord's Anointed.

But they are

(c) Ministers of God

Having said that, I believe it is the duty of the nations of the world to recognise Christ's rule by appropriate church establishments, national covenanting, and appropriate and biblical application of God's law to the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back