Many Puritan sets on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaganmarsh

Puritan Board Senior
Greetings PB brethren,

I received the Banner of Truth sales brochure in the mail today. A number of goodies awaited inside.

They're having some excellent sales on sets of various Puritan "collected works." For example, John Owen's 16 vols. are on for $199 (regularly ~$400). They had the works of Edwards, Flavel, Swinnock, T. Brooks, Charnock, and a host of others as well.

We don't have the funds, but I figured I'd pass it along for any of y'all who might!

Grace to you.

Rev. Sheffield, I had missed your reply somehow. They also have several Lloyd-Jones titles and "combo packs" on sale too.

I've not read his Romans volumes, but I read his Ephesians volumes several years ago when preaching through that epistle. What a gift "the Doctor" was to Christ's Church!

I cannot help but remark that the theme of the sale juxtaposed with the content is a perfect example of what might be termed "cognitive dissonance." :)

Bryan,

If I'm understanding you correctly I agree! I'm not a fan of XMas at all. That being said, I did purchase a handful of Puritan Paperbacks from BOT at a very low price. Somehow I was able to justify it!

Bryan,

If I'm understanding you correctly I agree! I'm not a fan of XMas at all. That being said, I did purchase a handful of Puritan Paperbacks from BOT at a very low price. Somehow I was able to justify it!

:handshake: Oh, I'm not above personally profiting from Yuletide price reductions either. Just makes me wonder how many homes will have Murray's portrait glaring out from beneath festive wrapping paper.

Let me take this opportunity to praise Banner of Truth. Last year, around this time, I wanted to start collecting Ryle's Expository Thoughts on the Gospels. Couldn't possibly afford the whole set (approximately $100 in hard back), so I decided to just order Matthew. Paper back was only about $10.

Lo and behold, someone in shipping made an error and they shipped me the whole hard back set. I reported it to BOT, ready and willing to return them. They wished me a Merry Xmas and told me to keep 'em! That was best deal I've ever received on books, that's for sure. And BOT secured a loyal customer for life! I try to pay back the favor to them any time I'm able to make a purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back