Map of NAPARC Churches

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKB

Puritan Board Freshman
Because I couldn't find one, I spent the last couple of days compiling a map of all of the congregations belonging to NAPARC denominations. I am curious about your thoughts on it, ways it could be used, if I should have found someone else's map, etc.

FYI, there are some known issues. I do not include the two Korean denominations for a couple of reasons I can expand upon if you would like. There are a handful of congregations that are unlisted in some of the larger denominations. The ARP seems to have two separate lists on their website...? All of this being said, I hope this is helpful for someone.

Here is the link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=18E9mrd-Gdf6F4qp3AMoEwcpXcbc

Also, I think this is the first time I've posted to the Board. I could have issues with my signature or profile. Let me know if this is the case.

Informative, useful, interesting first post! Thanks.

Beats visiting several sites. Shows the lay of the land in terms of where various denominations have a strong presence. To move beyond NAPARC and include certain denominations not based in North America might be an interesting and useful addition.

Thank you, brother, for your work on this. It is an excellent resource.

I was checking out the Northwest, where I am at, and noticed that one of our OP churches didn't make it on the map: Covenant Presbyterian Church in Kennewick, WA. It is on the opc.org interactive map.

Thanks, again!

I do not include the two Korean denominations for a couple of reasons I can expand upon if you would like.

I like the map. Great work!

With regards to the exclusion of the Korean denominations, I'd be interested in understanding the reasoning out of curiosity. My family and I are involved in a PCA church plant that meets at a KAPC church. The PCA church plant was initially an English ministry of the KAPC church and as it grew they called a PCA church planter to take it over. The Korean congregation will eventually enter into the PCA...Lord willing.

I'll take a look at the Kennewick congregation. The way I was farming the information off of the OP locator made it so 27 OP churches were left off due to errors with the automation. I will be going back through and manually enter their information.

Last edited:
Needed and helpful. Thanks.

It does look like Cristo Rey PCA in Dallas gliched. It's mapping down in southeast Dallas, and it is actually in northwest Dallas, just above Love Field.

Google Maps only allows 10 "layers." This means I would either have to group denominations (I did end up doing that for the two distinctively Canadian denoms) or leave some off. The NAPARC site also doesn't link to a directory for either of the Korean denoms. I didn't end up looking very hard for them, but I bet they're out there.

This is just a starting point. Eventually, my hope is, our Korean brothers and sisters will be added.

Mr. Brunner, this is tremendous and something I believe has been needed for many years. May God use this for His glory!

Apologies for my denomination's website issues. I would love for my own ARP congregation in Calhoun, LA to be added.

Calhoun Presbyterian Church
1567 Highway 80 E
Calhoun, LA 71255

Rev. Blake Law
318-644-0005

And welcome to the Puritan Board!

Last edited:
I would love for my own ARP congregation in Calhoun, LA to be added.

Calhoun Presbyterian Church
1567 Highway 80 E
Calhoun, LA 71255

Rev. Blake Law
318-644-0005

Just added you! :)

Last edited:
Looks great! A few small corrections I noted around my area:

Atlanta Bethel Presbyterian Church (Suwanee) is showing up in South Fulton County (SE of the city whereas it is NE in Gwinett County).

The Rock Presbyterian Church of Atlanta (Suwanee) is showing up in Atlanta, but the city is also listed as Suwanee.

Atlanta Presbyterian Fellowship, RPCNA, is showing up near Decatur, whereas it is closer to downtown Atlanta.

Good Shepherd Presbyterian Mission (Athens) is showing up in Snellville/Lilburn area (too far west of Athens) but listed as Athens.

Good work! There are a few "glitches," as noted. I don't think anyone else has noted the presence of a NAPARC church here in Australia. For some reason, Jacob's Well Presbyterian Church from Green Bay, WI ended up just outside of Brisbane, QLD.

Hope it is helpful to tell you - my church (1st OPC in San Francisco) seems to be listed twice, as does "Heavenly Grace" to the east (one I am not familiar with).

Fairly new mission church north of Dallas:

Grace and Peace Presbyterian Mission
Rattan Elementary
Anna, TX 75409
Address 2: 1221 South Ferguson Parkway

Christ Covenant Mesquite (Dallas area) is displaying about 20 miles too far north.

At our location (the map shows Christ Church PCA) you have Global Presbyterian Church, which I am not sure exists, and was never at the location on the map.

Ross, have you contacted someone at NAPARC to see about putting this on the website there?

Also, there are going to be changes needed on this map every few months or so. Clearly it is the job of the denominational offices to keep up-to-date directories. Perhaps someone at NAPARC would be able to take custodianship of this resource and receive updates from denominational services? I confess, I don't even know what kind of offices or staff NAPARC keeps, but it seems that would be a better way than "message Ross on Puritan Board".

I checked. I see there is a "Website Committee" of five men. Since one is a good friend, I'll contact him with my previous question. :eureka:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back