Marking Posts As Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Ellen Nagle

Puritan Board Senior
Is there a way to mark posts as read? I have seen forums that have that feature but on this one it doesn't appear to have it. Sometimes I like to mark a thread as read (though I may not read it) and/or if I move to a different computer I would like to mark threads as read that I already looked over on my other computer.

Beth, I love your avatar....very creative drawing!!! :)

I was trying to figure out what it is??

You can see threads you have posted on in User CP or subscribed to.

and then save to a folder or other options. So you know when someone posts to them. But I am sure you know this.
Then the little arrow shows if there is a new post.
But I haven't checked to see if this doesn't show up on my other computer, I was assuming it was all stored in my online profile not on a cookie on my computer

Then if I read and don't want to subscribe I just don't. So if you mean you don't want to subscribe and still know you have read it and not move to a folder?

The private PMs allow you to mark as read

Beth, I love your avatar....very creative drawing!!! :)

I was trying to figure out what it is??

You can see threads you have posted on in User CP or subscribed to.

and then save to a folder or other options. So you know when someone posts to them. But I am sure you know this.
Then the little arrow shows if there is a new post.
But I haven't checked to see if this doesn't show up on my other computer, I was assuming it was all stored in my online profile not on a cookie on my computer

Then if I read and don't want to subscribe I just don't. So if you mean you don't want to subscribe and still know you have read it and not move to a folder?

The private PMs allow you to mark as read

Don, I just mean when you click "New Posts" and there are all these new posts you read on another computer that it would be nice to mark them all as "read". Some forums have that feature. It is usually a option at the bottom of a page. I hope that makes sense.

-----Added 4/11/2009 at 12:36:00 EST-----

Actually, all the new threads/posts cleared up. Hm...maybe they do that after awhile if you don't read them. I don't know! Maybe it is late and I don't make sense! :lol:

Beth,

Under "Quick Links" you will see an option "Mark Forums Read". That's what I use and no matter which computer I use, as long as I'm logged in, they stay "marked". Hope that helps.

Ooops! Josh beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back