Marquis Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theognome

Burrito Bill
I tried to paste the photos here, but they were too small to read. This is a series of photos that show a 'battle of the marquis' between a Catholic church and a Presbyterian church. A link to a more readable version is below, along with my attempt to copy them.

A Dog Fight Between Catholics & Presbyterians Laurie Kendrick

dog-fight.jpg

Theognome

Those were created on "churchsigngenerator.com" which is no longer functioning due to a complaint in Toronto. I played with that website generating funny signs a while ago and I remember those two churches: Our Lady of Martyrs and Beulah. It allowed you to create a church name ... a message .. and then save it as a .jpg as though it was a real photo. :lol:

Those were created on "churchsigngenerator.com" which is no longer functioning due to a complaint in Toronto. I played with that website generating funny signs a while ago and I remember those two churches: Our Lady of Martyrs and Beulah.

I was unaware of this. However, they are still funny- and I could imagine two modern churches engaging in such silliness.

Theognome

So these are mythical pictures, Lance?

I suppose they are. It's all fantasy. There are probably some Cumberland PC out there that would agree with the RC signs...

Those were created on "churchsigngenerator.com" which is no longer functioning due to a complaint in Toronto. I played with that website generating funny signs a while ago and I remember those two churches: Our Lady of Martyrs and Beulah.

I was unaware of this. However, they are still funny- and I could imagine two modern churches engaging in such silliness.

Theognome

I wish it was still up .. it was hilarious. For my own amusement, I created a RC church with the message "Business is slow, indulgences half price!" ... but I think I deleted the .jpg of it. :lol:

Those were created on "churchsigngenerator.com" which is no longer functioning due to a complaint in Toronto. I played with that website generating funny signs a while ago and I remember those two churches: Our Lady of Martyrs and Beulah. It allowed you to create a church name ... a message .. and then save it as a .jpg as though it was a real photo. :lol:

Hmm... maybe this was the case in the past, but the Church Sign Generator is up and running.

I'd come up with a witty and brilliant sign to show off, if only I were feeling inspired right now. I'll leave that to the more creative.

Hmm... maybe this was the case in the past, but the Church Sign Generator is up and running.

I'd come up with a witty and brilliant sign to show off, if only I were feeling inspired right now. I'll leave that to the more creative.

Thanks for finding it! .. Now I can play again. :lol:
I just recreated it

churchsign.jpg

When I saw the name of the thread (Marquis Wars instead of Marquee Wars), I thought it was for a new "My Brute" type site where French royalty duke it out (pun fully intended).

When I saw the name of the thread (Marquis Wars instead of Marquee Wars), I thought it was for a new "My Brute" type site where French royalty duke it out (pun fully intended).

Silly me. I am wondering if Drummfly has made level 10 and we can get a PB clan going. Salesbear should be level 7 tomorrow, while Theognome is a wuss. Shame intended.

Theognome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back