Max Lucado's Views on Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmaciver

Puritan Board Sophomore
I was very sad to read of Max Lucado's capitulation on the issue of homosexuality (Here).

I don't claim to be an expert on Lucado, far from it. I know that his books don't have the greatest depth, but nonetheless, they seem to be widely read.

I was very sad to read of Max Lucado's capitulation on the issue of homosexuality (Here).

I don't claim to be an expert on Lucado, far from it. I know that his books don't have the greatest depth, but nonetheless, they seem to be widely read.
This is unfortunately only the tip of the iceberg. He has taken a hard turn to the left.

I don’t concern myself about Lucado. I don’t know him or have personal history with him. Nor am I really shocked about this. But, oh, how I weary of empty buzzwords—“grieve,” “do better,” “wound,” “harm,” and in many situations even “love.” Whether or not these words are sincere, they are obviously propitiatory in design. These liberals who protested Lucado’s coming to the National Cathedral care nothing about his repentance, but rather only that he says their words. Incense to Caesar.

Furthermore, this statement I found the most disturbing: “We agree that God’s holy Word must never be used as a weapon to wound others.” Why, then, is he an alleged preacher of the gospel?

Furthermore, this statement I found the most disturbing: “We agree that God’s holy Word must never be used as a weapon to wound others.” Why, then, is he an alleged preacher of the gospel?
And it is notable that he took imagery directly from Scripture to contradict it.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

"... beloved children of God because they are made in the image and likeness of God."
And that, boys and girls, is universalism, perhaps the most dangerous statement in the article.

In what can only be irony, he believes you can lose your salvation, which makes his take on sanctification and SSA rather bizarre.

I don’t concern myself about Lucado. I don’t know him or have personal history with him. Nor am I really shocked about this. But, oh, how I weary of empty buzzwords—“grieve,” “do better,” “wound,” “harm,” and in many situations even “love.” Whether or not these words are sincere, they are obviously propitiatory in design. These liberals who protested Lucado’s coming to the National Cathedral care nothing about his repentance, but rather only that he says their words. Incense to Caesar.

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:"

God's word is a weapon which when rightly and properly is used to wound the conscience of sinners. Max Lucado is a waterless spring.

Joshua, click on your profile pic and a drop down box should include a link to ‘signature’. Clicking on it will hopefully take you to the page where you can create and edit one.

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:"

God's word is a weapon which when rightly and properly is used to wound the conscience of sinners. Max Lucado is a waterless spring.
Hebrews 4:12 came to mind.

Dr. White gives some commentary on this situation right at the beginning. There is a comparison between Lucado's view 17 years ago to now. Something that has really struck me over the last few years is how much apostasy and backsliding sodomy has caused, it is truly sad.

Mathew 10:33
but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

The above verse continually comes to mind lately.

Dr. White gives some commentary on this situation right at the beginning. There is a comparison between Lucado's view 17 years ago to now. Something that has really struck me over the last few years is how much apostasy and backsliding sodomy has caused, it is truly sad.

Mathew 10:33
but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

The above verse continually comes to mind lately.
What came to my mind, immediately regarding this thread, was Matthew 7:21-23 . If this is not an example of that portion of Scripture I don't know what is.
Something that has always puzzled me ... whether it is Max Lucado, Jimmy Swaggert, Jim Baker, Tullian Tchividjian, or Ravi Zacharias, don't they believe that Scripture, and know what the inevitable consequences will be ? There must be a serious sense of dread within them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back