Votes: 29 36.7%
  • I would stop at Burger King.

Votes: 50 63.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas

Puritan Board Doctor
OK, you are on long drive (say from Virginia to Texas), you had no breakfast and NOTHING but a light supper the day before, you are SO hungry you are light-headed and weak. You see an exit, there is a McD and a BK. You KNOW the next pace to get food, will be well over 3 hours. What's your choice?:popcorn:

NO WAY TO BK! or else the rest of the trip I would be making pit stops every 10 mins. Surprisingly McD's does not have this reaction on my irritable bowels, as long as I dont go Big Mac.

I agree with Josh though Whataburger rocks.

Chick-fil-a rules over all other fast food options, with Steak-n-shake comming in second.

OK, you are on long drive (say from Virginia to Texas), you had no breakfast and NOTHING but a light supper the day before, you are SO hungry you are light-headed and weak. You see an exit, there is a McD and a BK. You KNOW the next pace to get food, will be well over 3 hours. What's your choice?:popcorn:
I'd a thought this had all the makings of another one of your polls. You're slipping, brother.:lol:

Lately I've been going to Mickey D's quite a bit, and I'm about Mickey De'd out. I think I'd probably go with Burger King.

We would look around the immediate area for a Jack in the Box (there are none here in Memphis :(), but if none could be found, I guess I would pick McDonald's. It's just....the fries...we love the fries!! :popcorn:(<--pretend those are fries)

I'd a thought this had all the makings of another one of your polls. You're slipping, brother.:lol:

Lately I've been going to Mickey D's quite a bit, and I'm about Mickey De'd out. I think I'd probably go with Burger King.
It WAS a slip!:lol::lol::lol: I started as a poll, and forgot to check the poll box!:(

McDonald's all the way. For both my sister and I when we eat Burger King we want to puke :p That is probably because we never grew up on it. In Edmonton, where I grew up, Burger King took years to come because some guy in the early 40s or something built his one loan burger restaurant and also called it Burger King. So, due to copyright issues Burger King couldn't build in Edmonton until they bought the rights to the name in our city which didn't happen until about 10 years ago. At least this is how the story goes.

Anyway, I thought this was funny. Burger King pretended that they had canceled the Whopper and recorded people's reaction to it.

Burger King Whopper Freakout

We would look around the immediate area for a Jack in the Box (there are none here in Memphis :(), but if none could be found, I guess I would pick McDonald's. It's just....the fries...we love the fries!! :popcorn:(<--pretend those are fries)

I was in a frat with two guys who would go on pilgrimages to eat Jack in the Box. The same for Lambert's

Anyone ever been to Lambert's?!

What time is it? BK has better breakfast food than MD. But I might opt for a big nachos with onions and jalapenos from the gas station. Nothing like some hot cheese on chips! MMM cheese dip.

I agree with Zenas - I'd go with Chik-fil-A if that were an option, but if it were between BK and McD's, I'd go with BK without question. Better fries, better shakes, thicker, better-tasting burgers. Though I do like a QP with cheese...

What time is it? BK has better breakfast food than MD. But I might opt for a big nachos with onions and jalapenos from the gas station. Nothing like some hot cheese on chips! MMM cheese dip.
closest gas station is 3 hours...one ofthose all pump things...no food!:(

closest gas station is 3 hours...one ofthose all pump things...no food!:(

I would have the AAA tow driver pick me up some better food on route to get my out of fuel car.:lol:

Or my favorite, the Hardees Frisco Breakfast sandwich.
images
Of course I only get this once every four months if even that.:lol:

I just suffered a minor heart attacking looking at this.

:lol:

That wasn't the pic I was actually looking for. Don't think I could eat one of those. I like their bacon egg and cheese biscuit. I think that was their Monster biscuit. If your real hiungry this could fill you up till supper time. The next day. :lol:

McDonalds

Over the last year I have been to Burger King three times.

The first time it was raining, someone slipped and broke a paper display. The staff wanted them to pay for it. Eventually after some name calling they backed down. I was all ready to go join in. I thought it was stupid when your restaurant is unsafe that you charge others for the damage.

The second time I went up to the counter (no one else was there) and was ignored for 15 minutes. Eventually someone walked over and in a lazy droning way asked "are you being served?". Five minutes later I got my meal.

The third time I went I had my order taken within five minutes. Unfortunately the burger I wanted (seemed a standard one) was not cooked so they needed to make it. Took a good ten minutes or so then they asked me if I wanted eat-here or takeaway. I said eat-here, but they gave it to me as takeaway. I pointed this out and the person behind the shoulder shrugged, said whatever and waved me away.

I am not impressed.

Honestly, Burger King is probably the worst fast food I've ever had in my life. I've gotten sick every time I can remember. So, I guess I'll go with McDonalds... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back