Light Headed. I would stop at....

• I would stop at McDonald's.

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • I would stop at Burger King.

Votes: 50 63.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have stopped at McDonald's, but when they started mixing spiritual poison with their burgers, fries, and sundaes, I'm saying goodbye till they change. So now it will be Burger King or Wendy's for me (which is sad because I like McDs stuff!).

Bye Big Macs, hi Whoppers!

I like both Micdonalds and Burger King but I have a Jack in The Box down the street from me and there not so bad.

Hey, don't you guys have a heart? Some of us are on diets and can't have either of them! It has been 13 wks since a McDonalds (or In-N-Out for that matter) french fry passed my lips. :lol:

Hey, don't you guys have a heart? Some of us are on diets and can't have either of them! It has been 13 wks since a McDonalds (or In-N-Out for that matter) french fry passed my lips. :lol:

Well, you're doing pretty good, seeing that this Mcdonald's vs Burger King stuff (not to mention all those other places) is always in your face!:duh:

Even though eating that food makes my stomach feel really gross at least 80% of the time, looking at these polls makes me want some!:drool:
I have eaten BK a few times in the last 2 weeks, and I think it's because of all this poll stuff, because I haven't wanted BK in like 3 years!

"Honey!! Can we go get some McDonald's or Burger King? Well, maybe we should stick with Burger King, since we aren't sure whether we should go to McDonald's because of the boycott thing..."

I remember that someone died from eating at Jack-in-the-Box. This has kept me from ever going.

Well....turned vegetarian about 6 years ago, but back in the day when I did actually eat meat, I'd have to go Burger King - recent disturbingly wierd ad campaign not withstanding (though dude in the Burger King mask kind of wierds me out a little). We have a local place called Del Rancho that makes a pretty mean burger not to mention their gargantuan steak sandwich.

I know that this poll is light-hearted, but I understand that McDonald's financially supports the homosexual lobby.

Well....turned vegetarian about 6 years ago,

Um, Steve, as I understand the Oklahoma state constitution, such a public revelation hereby invalidates your Oklahoma residency and you now have to move to California (or Vermont, or New York State, or someplace where being vegetarian is acceptable).

Sorry to break the bad news, brother.

We have a local place called Del Rancho

I always loved the TV commercials!

Normally I would always pick a Mc to defeat a King
and I do find that Burger King guy to be creepy on several levels

but I have pondered and repondered this for days. I did some field reseach and I still have to go with the smoky flavor and fake seared grill lines of BK

Yesterday I went to Burger King and had a strawberry ice cream sundae (whereas I used to get them at McDs before the boycott). The ice cream was good, but they used syrup that was pretty bad. They probably wouldn't do that in the states.

I'll have to talk to the manager about that!

Yesterday I went to Burger King and had a strawberry ice cream sundae (whereas I used to get them at McDs before the boycott). The ice cream was good, but they used syrup that was pretty bad. They probably wouldn't do that in the states.

I'll have to talk to the manager about that!

As burgers go, I don't care for either. Boycott, yes, I'm doing that. Not that it's much of a sacrifice for me. Our McDonalds is cheap and fast, but I'm not in that much of a hurry. Our Burger King gives Walmart associates 15% off, but there service is so poor (and the food isn't great either) that I really don't like going there. Use Culvers a lot though. Not terrible food (they have decent BBQ ribs right now) and this particular Culvers has great service.

Well....turned vegetarian about 6 years ago,

Um, Steve, as I understand the Oklahoma state constitution, such a public revelation hereby invalidates your Oklahoma residency and you now have to move to California (or Vermont, or New York State, or someplace where being vegetarian is acceptable).

Sorry to break the bad news, brother.

We have a local place called Del Rancho

I always loved the TV commercials!

Yeah, tell me about it. Of course when I tell people that, the followup question is "not even fish?".

It was strictly for health reasons - no PETA membership here.

About 6 months into my vegetarian diet change, my wife was dying for some BBQ (she is still and Omnivore). So we go to the local BBQ place and I order a baked potato w/ beef brisket minus the beef brisket. The waitress looks at me like I had just grown a second head right there in front of her and I explain that I am a vegetarian which leaves her completley dazed and confused. After a 5 minute discussion with her manager she comes back and explains to me that they will still have to charge me full price (and she still seemed to be feeling that they were committing some sort of crime by leaving the meat off). Sensing her distress I asked if they could simply bring me the potato and put the brisket in a side bowl - problem solved, crisis averted and everyone in the resturant went back to eating. :lol:

Del Ranco - those were great commercials!

Yeah, tell me about it. Of course when I tell people that, the followup question is "not even fish?".

OK, that's making it a little more understandable. I do believe though, that the stock Oklahoma answer to your doc (when he says "another piece of red meat will kill you") is to ask him to use his phone and order up your plot.

About 6 months into my vegetarian diet change, my wife was dying for some BBQ (she is still and Omnivore). So we go to the local BBQ place and I order a baked potato w/ beef brisket minus the beef brisket. The waitress looks at me like I had just grown a second head right there in front of her and I explain that I am a vegetarian which leaves her completley dazed and confused. After a 5 minute discussion with her manager she comes back and explains to me that they will still have to charge me full price (and she still seemed to be feeling that they were committing some sort of crime by leaving the meat off). Sensing her distress I asked if they could simply bring me the potato and put the brisket in a side bowl - problem solved, crisis averted and everyone in the resturant went back to eating.

Brother, that is willpower of the sort that I simply do not have. :up:

Del Ranco - those were great commercials!

I thought it was the grainy film quality that really set the whole thing off. They must have been filmed circa 1978 by the franchise founder on a Super 8. Fond, fond memories.

I thought it was the grainy film quality that really set the whole thing off. They must have been filmed circa 1978 by the franchise founder on a Super 8. Fond, fond memories.

That's about right. Born and raised here and that is about when I remember first seeing them. They used that commercial for a loooooong time!

OK, that's making it a little more understandable. I do believe though, that the stock Oklahoma answer to your doc (when he says "another piece of red meat will kill you") is to ask him to use his phone and order up your plot..

:lol: Yeah, I could hear by dad saying something like that!

I actually did it on my own since heart disease runs in the family. Dad & uncle both have heart problems, Grandad died from it - common denominator was bad diet and in the case of my dad and uncle, heavy smoking. So I quit smoking 12 years ago and changed my diet about 6 years ago.

Dropped 70 pounds as a result and now have super low bad cholesterol. In the grand scheme of themes, my passage from this life is not in my hands anyway but I do want to take care of myself.

Kinda weird though, after six years, meat doesn't really appeal to me. It doesn't gross me out or anything, it just doesn't sound appetizing

I love the Double Whopper with cheese. King of all hamburgers. (I'll get one every few months.)

McDonald's has better fries, but the hamburgers aren't even close to BK's.

I've got Big Mac on our breath... Mwaaahaaahaaa!!!!

Just got back from our bi-monthly junk food meal. Big Mac, McChicken, and half of a gazzilion fries. Yummy! (reaching for a rolaids). Wife had Fillet O'Fish, McChicken, and the other half of gazzilion fries. It was good. The Burger King was dethroned! These places are nice for a treat once in a while. Wife says she doesn't want to cook. On way to store. Budget? Not at Mcdonalds, but its a $10.03 well spent!

I've got Big Mac on our breath... Mwaaahaaahaaa!!!!

Just got back from our bi-monthly junk food meal. Big Mac, McChicken, and half of a gazzilion fries. Yummy! (reaching for a rolaids). Wife had Fillet O'Fish, McChicken, and the other half of gazzilion fries. It was good. The Burger King was dethroned! These places are nice for a treat once in a while. Wife says she doesn't want to cook. On way to store. Budget? Not at Mcdonalds, but its a $10.03 well spent!

You had a Big Mac...AND...a McChicken!!

Dude!!

Ivan, You know it!! A Big Mac just doesn't fill me up. I'm also old enough to remember when eating a Big Mac for the first time was a right-of-passage into man-hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back