McLaren... worse than I ever thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Who would you rather spend a weekend listening to ... Phelps or McClaren?:think: :down:

How about the choice of having a leg sawn off instead?
I have a sick, twisted way of looking at things sometimes, so when I read the above, it made me think of an old Far Side (Gary Larson) comic. Two crusty old sailors were sitting at a bar with beers in hand. One says to the other, "Well, that ain't a bad story, but let me tell you about the time I lost this!. He pointed to his wooden leg. At the same time, his fellow sailor has his hat cocked like he's facing him, but his head is wooden as well.

Does anyone remember this?

I have a sick, twisted way of looking at things sometimes, so when I read the above, it made me think of an old Far Side (Gary Larson) comic. Two crusty old sailors were sitting at a bar with beers in hand. One says to the other, "Well, that ain't a bad story, but let me tell you about the time I lost this!. He pointed to his wooden leg. At the same time, his fellow sailor has his hat cocked like he's facing him, but his head is wooden as well.

Does anyone remember this?

I loved The Far Side, but I don't remember that one. (Wish I did though.)

I listened through both of the two parts twice. What struck me was that the Holy Spirit seemed to be missing entirely. It was an intellectual discussion that made the irrational points of Christianity seem like something needing to be removed. "How can I trust Him as God if He...." "An infinite amount of punishment for a finite being just isn't fair..." (whiny emphasis mine.)

One other creepy thing: MacLaren's voice actually sounds a little like Joel Beeke at times - that really irritated me in addition to the creep factor.

What about the idea of Gehenna as the destruction of the Jerusalem and the trials of AD 67-70?

There is no hell. Huh. So all of Christ's discussion and admonishments on the topic of judgment have already taken place?

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back