McMahon's Expository Sermons Online at APM

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
Friends,

For those interested in hearing some online, expository/experimental preaching and sermons...I've been invited to preach regularly at a mission church in Dayton, TN. (Dayton Reformed Presbyterian Church). It is an RPCNA church plant.

I'm posting all the sermons in order at A Puritan's Mind here. The first four are there.

Face to Face with Christ, the Son of Man who Comes Down from Heaven, John 2:23-3:21; focused on v. 3:13.

Being Born Again by the Spirit is Necessary to Enter the Kingdom of God in this Life and the Life to Come, John 2:23-3:21; focused on vv. 3:1-10.

The Mission of the Son of Man is Clearly Seen in His Condescension to Save, John 2:23-3:21, focused on v. 3:14.

Incessant Praise of a Holy God: Christ the Enthroned Majestic and Holy King, Isaiah 6:1-4.

The Mercy of the Master, (the Parable of the Unjust Steward), Luke 16:1-8 (July 2)

God’s Vengeance Hanging Over the Heads of Hypocrites, (Christ’s Cursing of the Fig Tree) (Matthew 21:12-19)(July 9).
I'll post more as they become available.

Blessings.

I listened to one of your sermons not long ago, it was very edifying! Are you preaching every Lord's day?

I'm glad it was helpful.

Yes, I am preaching about 90% of the time. This month we have a retired minister coming to preach 2 weeks, and then we have the oversight board sending an elder to preach one day. After that, though, it will be steady for a good while.

Last edited:
That's great. We are 'only' 2 1/2 hours away! It would be nice to visit the Dayton work- I've read up on its story. Happy that the Lord brought you there to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pausing on the series I started on Christ, and am dealing, for the next few weeks, with a particular need for our church which is the selection of a minister (it is a mission church and we praying for a godly minister). The series will deal specifically with how the congregation is to discern what happens, or should be happening, in the pulpit so that they may be able to grow and be more sanctified in Christ for the glory of God. The minister is to be God's voice. What does that sound like? What should be happening? How should the congregation listen and hear? etc., all from their perspective.

The first sermon is The Supremacy of God in Redemptive Preaching, Isaiah 52:1-7, (July 30, 2017).

This is by far one of the best sermons I have listened to in many years.

It was terrific and I can not recommend it enough.

Looking forward to listening to these. Thanks for posting them. Also, thank you for ministering to the Dayton Church Plant. It is a blessing that the Lord placed you there during their time without a pastor.

Last edited:
Looking forward to listening to these. Thanks for posting them. Also, thank you for ministering to the Dayton Church Plant. It is a blessing that the Lord placed you there during their time without a pastor.

Thanks brother. I'm optimistic about the affect of this present series on the congregation.

A Pastor According to God's Heart is an Exhibition of God's Promised Mercy, Jeremiah 2:89, 3:6-15.

This is, to me, a rather simplistic sermon, which involves the immediate current need of the Dayton TN congregation in looking for a minister.
Why was Israel and Judah apostate, i.e. backslidden? What does God care about in these verses? What is a feeder [pastor] who feeds with knowledge AND understanding? Why is such a one [a feeder] a promised mercy? Etc.

Christians Ought to Diligently Esteem the Ministry of the Word to Profit from the Knowledge of God, Nehemiah 8:1-8

Too many times Christians tend to play theologian "based on their tastes and likes." We like God's love but could do without his wrath. We like the doctrines of grace, but could do without the RPW. Etc. This passage teaches us to highly esteem God's Word, so that as we hear the Word read, preached and applied, we receive it not as the word of men, but as it is, the word of God.

My family and I were in TN. For the last two weekends. It was nice sitting in a Reforming church.
The sermons that Matt preached were exceedingly helpful. You don’t really hear preaching like this in most mainstream churches. I highly recommend the sermon series.

My family and I were in TN. For the last two weekends. It was nice sitting in a Reforming church.
The sermons that Matt preached were exceedingly helpful. You don’t really hear preaching like this in most mainstream churches. I highly recommend the sermon series.

That's kind. Thanks for the encouragement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back