Mea Culpa

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ccravens, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccravens

ccravens Puritan Board Freshman

Just wanted to offer apologies to anyone I might have offended with some of my recent posts. The fault is mine, borne out of ignorance about reformed theology and about how this forum is set up.

When I first found this forum I was beyond excited. I found a place where people discussed the works of folks I've read for years, like John Flavel, Thomas Watson, John Owen, Matthew Henry, John Calvin, etc. etc! Most believers I converse with don't even know who these people are, much less read them. I felt as if I was on an island for so long, and now I had met folks who read after and enjoyed the same authors and books I do! Also I had no people I could talk to or converse with about the doctrines of grace.

I also knew that I was reconsidering many of the things that I had been taught as a fundamental independent Baptist. This site seemed a good place for me to explore some new ideas and views, for instance, my new interest in presuppositional apologetics. Apologetics was never even taught in my churches! Nor were the confessions, catechisms, etc.

But in my excitement to join and start conversing, I did not realize the implications of what it meant to belong to a confessional board. For that mistake, I am solely responsible, and offer apologies for any offenses I may have given. The mods have been so very patient lately (thanks @NaphtaliPress ) in explaining all of this to me.

Whether I can continue here or not, I appreciate the kindness and patience many of you have shown, and especially the breadth of knowledge and suggested readings I have been given.

This is a great place, and I appreciate you all.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Grant Jones

Grant Jones Puritan Board Junior

I hope you do continue brother.

To be honest, especially in America, when someone says they are a Baptist, I personally do not assume Confessional. So when you say you are a Baptist (as I once was), I for one understood and understand where you were coming from.

3. Parakaleo

Parakaleo Puritan Board Sophomore

Thank you for this, Chris! You are a great example of humility to all of us.

4. Ask Mr. Religion

Ask Mr. Religion Flatly Unflappable

Nicely done, Chris.

5. Dachaser

Dachaser Puritan Board Professor

I really appreciate your openness expressed here, and can really feel for and with you, as I also am a Baptist who had to relearn much of my vocabulary and definitions concerning theological terms since coming over to a Calvistic/Reformed viewpoint on certain doctrines.
    I look at both of us as God's work in progress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.