• Pork

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Chicken

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Fish

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Game

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Others (please specify... ostrich maybe?)

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beef, it's what's for dinner!

Although I am a card carrying member of PETA.

People for the Eating of Tasty Animals!

I voted beef... but grilled chicken is a close runner-up.

Pigeon is good too, if you're the one that went to all the work of catching it and fixing it up. :)

About the only meat I don't care for is organs. No liver, heart or wrinkle steaks for me.

You gotta try deer hearts fried with onions. Mmmm...so good!

I'll try a small bite of it if it was prepared for me. I guess the aroma of the onions masks the odd aroma of cooking hearts. I have a problem with gout, so I usually avoid internal organ meat due to the high level of purine generators in it.

I suffer from gout too, but I've found that the organs of game animals has doesn't affect it. I try to stay away from organ meats of domestic animals, but sometimes the flavor is worth the pain.

Fish because it's tasty and super healthy (especially fatty fish). If taste only, I'd say either beef or pork ribs.

To eat regularly, I'm going with Beef.
Pork is a close second. Ribs, shoulder, bacon, mmmm

One of the best entres I've ever had was ostrich served in something similar to a marsala sauce. Increadibly good. It's more of a special occasion thing I guess.

-----Added 7/17/2009 at 01:00:32 EST-----

Lawrence, you've had a lot of meats and you're from way down South....have you ever had ponce? It's a cajun dish...pig stomach stuffed with a pork sausage. I've had it once, and that's only because I lived next to a true Cajun in college. It was awesome.

Ponce is good stuff, so is its cousin, boudin. Did you eat yours smoked or plain? I sort of think of it as cajun haggis.

I forgot to list a couple of others. One is sort of benign, the other well. . .

Emu
Caballo

Anything you can 1) cover in ranch or; 2) throw on the grill or (alternative) wrap in bacon and do 1 and/or 2. I drew NM Bull Elk for a September bow hunt this year, so I hope to add that to the list and apply 1 and/or 2.

Among the meats i like:

Beef
Pork
Chicken
Deer
Wild Boar
Buffalo
Elk
Alligator
Lamb
Duck
Antelope
Ostrich

I really cant pick a favorite. It really depends on my mood. Like right now we are having an unusually cool evening here. I see lamb and i think of delicious lamb stew. I cant wait to conjure up some more of that when the weather is right.

Deer is always good. Same with Elk. Typing about this is getting those salivary glands going. I am a sucker for meat products. Perhaps i should think about being a butcher!

Side note: I am opening up more and more to fish as i am getting older. Of course i like fish fry (wisconsin staple) but man oh man salmon is what i am talkin about! I dont think i could ever get tired of smoked salmon fresh off the grill. :)

I'm kind of a sissy.

I don't really like pork; though I do like salami and pepperoni--isn't that pig?

I like beef hamburgers but don't eat steak very often, and don't really like to.

Chicken is good too.

I've tried deer once, I think, and it wasn't bad.

I like turkey too.

-----Added 7/17/2009 at 09:58:16 EST-----

Also I don't believe some of the animals on that list have actually been eaten by Theognome..

This thread reminded me of that scene from the Simpsons episode "Lisa the Vegetarian" where Homer hears that Lisa doesn't want to eat meats anymore, and the thought bubble appears over his head as she lists the various meat products she doesn't want anymore: a pork chop appears cut out of a pig's hind; a chicken breast appears cut out from a chicken; a hot dog appears coming from a rubber boot, a raccoon, and so on. :lol:

This thread reminded me of that scene from the Simpsons episode "Lisa the Vegetarian" where Homer hears that Lisa doesn't want to eat meats anymore, and the thought bubble appears over his head as she lists the various meat products she doesn't want anymore: a pork chop appears cut out of a pig's hind; a chicken breast appears cut out from a chicken; a hot dog appears coming from a rubber boot, a raccoon, and so on. :lol:

D'oh!!!

Meat is good. If God wanted us to be vegetarians, He wouldn't have made animals of meat.

Meat Is Murder!!!

(Mmmm... Tasty, tasty murder...)

bigpot6.jpg

Steak, blue rare, with double-stuffed potatoes (yes, sour cream and bacon in those potatoes, please). Thirty seconds each side is about right.

That's my favorite, but I'm not real picky when it comes to dead animal protein. We've had scorpions, sparrows, live fish (it's sushi made of and served inside the still-living fish), and a host of other tasty things while in China. Dog's not half bad.

Remember:

There's room on earth for all God's creatures.

Right next to the mashed potatoes.

PS - loved the "for every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three" :up: :rofl:

Korean beef - amazing stuff.
:eek: CANNIBALISM!!!!!!!! :eek:

Did you go Hindu on us or sumthin?

Theognome

I'm confused, because I was talking about strips of steak roasted in sesame oil. I don't know what you're thinking of, Josh. :think:

Also, I am going to try some bear meat sometime in the next few weeks. My friend Lisa killed one last fall and she still has over half of it left, so she's having a big bear grill out. Should be tasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back