• Pork

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Chicken

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Fish

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Game

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Others (please specify... ostrich maybe?)

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mouth just started to water!

A huge pile of Carnitias...crispy at the edges, tender.

A pile of homemade steaming corn tortillas

Homemade salsa, cilantro, diced onion, homemade guacamole...

Ahhhh!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ahh!!!! Now I really want some!!

Now cut that out! I can't get good carnitas around here, and I don't have time to make them tonight.

I like all kinds of meat. Among my favourites are:

Venison
Beef
BBQ (I prefer a good pork shoulder)
Lamb
Quail
Wild Turkey (and the liquid ain't all that bad either)
Squirrel
Rabbit

I've also had and enjoyed:

Muskrat (You'll pay a lot for this in fancy restaurants. They call it Marsh Hare.)
Buffalo
Elk
Pronghorn Antelope
Moose
Wild Boar
Alligator
Beaver (You have to get the fat and silver skin off. When you do that, Mmmm. Better than most beef.)
Bobcat
Racoon
Possum
Rattlesnake
Turtle
Terrapin
Rat (Hardcore reenactors do strange things.)
Mountain Oysters :)
You want me to keep going?

I've had and did not enjoy:
Monkey (Can't stand the things alive or cooked.)
Armadillo (Although I had Armadillo chili that was good.)
Nutria

Other meats that I've had that really aren't that bad:
Beetle grubs
Ants
Earthworms
Honey bee brood

:eek: You would totally survive in the wild! LOL :lol:

Critters I've tried but don't recommend-

Monkey (both meat and live brains)
Elephant
Tiger
Dog
Cat
Marmot
Rattlesnake
Camel

Theognome

wow... i've actually always wondered what elephant tastes like,...tiger sounds interesting,....heck they all sound interesting, ill try anything once

I assume it was younger elephant because of toughness?

"Weirdest" thing i ever ate, though it isnt weird to my family is Frog Legs and Gator,.....yuummmmmmmmmmmy

Critters I've tried but don't recommend-

Monkey (both meat and live brains)
Elephant
Tiger
Dog
Cat
Marmot
Rattlesnake
Camel

Theognome

wow... i've actually always wondered what elephant tastes like,...tiger sounds interesting,....heck they all sound interesting, ill try anything once

I assume it was younger elephant because of toughness?

"Weirdest" thing i ever ate, though it isnt weird to my family is Frog Legs and Gator,.....yuummmmmmmmmmmy

Tiger did not really taste good- it was rather bitter. Elephant (I know not the age of the thing or the cut) was kinda sweeter, but rather tough and had an unpleasant smell to it. It's somewhat akin to mutton.

I'm slow-queing a pork roast right now... I'll post a pic once the pigamal is nice and toasty.

Theognome

I voted other. I love Hoarse meat! IT tastes like beef only leaner and healthier and its cheaper! I made hoarse burgers tonight with my roomies and we loved them!

I had Kangaroo loin for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was really good. A lot like Ostrich.

I voted other. I love Hoarse meat! IT tastes like beef only leaner and healthier and its cheaper! I made hoarse burgers tonight with my roomies and we loved them!

Doesn't hoarse meat make your throat hurt and it hard to talk?

Theognome

Porkamal

Here's what I took from the grill tonight, after 2+ hours on a slow burn-

08-14-09004.jpg

08-14-09005.jpg

Yummy!

Theognome

I would have to say fish...(sushi too, especially eel and tuna!) A close second would have to be lamb, then bison!!! Beef would be my least favorite.

I have tried deer, frog legs(as a child...least favorite then and now), quail, dove, ostrich(jerky), squirrel, turtle, bear, and chicken, pork and turkey of course. All have been quite tasty, with the exception of the frog legs, although some say they taste like chicken.

Actually, I've had ostrich -- tasted like the most flavorful, tender beef you could imagine.

I had a bite of it as well, and it was *good* (funny how we were at the same place that night! :hug:)

I also liked the buffalo, but I think anything they serve at the Clifton (except the eggs with trout, yuck) will be really good.

Big, mooing, smuddad in garlic, black on the outside, pink on the inside. So rare it quivers when you stick it. So rare you have to ask it to kindly step off the grill onto your plate, and it does. Mmm Mmm Mmm.

Big, mooing, smuddad in garlic, black on the outside, pink on the inside. So rare it quivers when you stick it. So rare you have to ask it to kindly step off the grill onto your plate, and it does. Mmm Mmm Mmm.

For me this is close. But crawling off the plate will do.

smuddad??? normally I would think from the context of the post that it was a cow but with the other posts that involve some rather unique animals I am not going to assume anything.

smuddad??? normally I would think from the context of the post that it was a cow but with the other posts that involve some rather unique animals I am not going to assume anything.
I am, indeed, referring to a cow, and "smuddad" is New Yawkian word for "smothered". I could explain where that came from, but it would take to long.

As the Duke of Edinburgh once said,

"If it has four legs but isn't a table,
flies but isn't a plane,
moves through the water but isn't a submarine,
the Chinese will eat it!'' :barfy: :lol:

I like a medium-rare steak with diane or peppercorn sauce, various types of pig-meat, and sometimes venison.

As the Duke of Edinburgh once said,

"If it has four legs but isn't a table,
flies but isn't a plane,
moves through the water but isn't a submarine,
the Chinese will eat it!'' :barfy: :lol:

Somebody mention something about eating? :p

By the way, I would really love to hang out a week with either Lawrence or Theognome. We only get chicken, beef, pork, mutton. Others are hard to come by and you can't hunt in a city.

What is the average life expectancy of Americans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back