Meeting and Talking to girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladestunner316

Puritan Board Doctor
I know this is in the open forum. I'm looking for advice from both sexes.

What is the best way for a young strapping lad like myself to meet and create a dialogue with decent ladies?

Blade

p.s. I should for one who is 24 and never dated before.

[Edited on 8-8-2006 by Bladestunner316]

Originally posted by SemperFideles
Find a Godly man in your Church with a Godly daughter and ask him if it's OK for you to court her.

Find a Godly man in a like-minded church with a Godly daughter and ask permission to court her.

Do your elders know about this? Reason I ask: A young lady from our former congregation in married a young man from a congregation in another state. The gentleman had let his elders know that he was looking; his elders communicated with our elders. The couple communicated with one another over a long period of time, and so on. They married this past June.

Hear hear!

J/K :D

Just go up and start talking, it's not like they're going to bite you or anything. :p Is there anyone at church you would consider courting? Get to know her and her family and like Mr. L. said, ask her father for permission. :)

Originally posted by ~~Susita~~
Just go up and start talking, it's not like they're going to bite you or anything. :p
Actually, some women do bite. It's quite painful actually. Watch those biters Nathan!!! :um:

eusa_naughty.gif

Originally posted by Puritanhead
Just go up and start talking, it's not like they're going to bite you or anything. :p
Actually, some women do bite. It's quite painful actually. Watch those biters Nathan!!! :um:

You have noticed the German Shepherd at the bottom of Suista's sig line-haven't you?...;):lol:

doggonit. Why do the threads that Nate and I are in lately seem to go to the dogs? :lol:

[Edited on 8-8-2006 by ~~Susita~~]

Puritanhead lays the smack down on Mikey

:ditto: Oh yeah that's riiiiiight! :lol:

Here Mikers... :D
Bring it on Mikey! I can take that mutt!!! German Shepherds aren't so tough. The bigger they are; the harder they fall.

puritanheadsmacksmikeyupsidetheheadbb3.jpg

Nathan:

I have seven daughters. Unfortunately for you, all the the girls over 18 are either married or have steady boyfriends. There's only two left, and they're too young. I won't let them date. Not even you.

I always tell them, "You have to have three years experience driving my car before I let you drive my car. And I'm harder on dating."

Besides, Nathan, if you want to take one of my girls out on a date, and she has to be home by ten, then you can forget about taking them to a movie out there in Washington State.

If you want some simple advice: don't look, but just start socializing with folks that you aspire to be like. That is, godly folk. There's people of every age in those groups, and you're bound to be found by someone or to find someone, usually all without your help.

Originally posted by Bladestunner316
p.s. I should for one who is 24 and never dated before.

Pray, seek counsel, and be patient. Be careful about placing limits on who you will date. Joshua Harris has a good lesson in I Kissed Dating Goodbye about never knowing who God will bring into your life.

Ehhh. Obviously you should factor in fathers and what not into your decision. But having the approval of every one of her fathers, uncles, brothers, elders, guardian angels, familiars, and household leprechauns isn't going to necessarily win her over. And since we don't live in India, I'll try to give you what meager practical advice I have:

Don't try too hard. That's the number one reason, I think, that guys can turn off and push away the fairer sex. If you seem like you're desperate and lonely and panting after some forlorn rib to come along, get hitched, and obey ASAP then you're probably not even going to get a date.

The world has terribly confused ideas of gender relations and dating. However, practically, the kernel of some of the "blown out of proportion" ideas is useful in interacting with females. As in, "bad boys" are sinful and lame. Don't get me wrong. But coming across as... ehhh... I don't know if "disinterested" is the right word, but its close to what I'm thinking. I don't know. Showing a lot of interest real quick-like in a girl can usually guarantee you'll get no interest in return. Acting cool, calm, collected, and too in-love with life to have to worry about finding a "girlfriend" usually makes them interested. Then they actually pursue you a little bit. Which, to use a Seinfeld-ian phrase, gives you "hand."

Be funny, be laid-back, don't talk about marriage on your first date/courting-session/whatever. I mean *obviously* if you want to find a good Christian girl, you're going to have to have the foundation of a good character, Bible knowledge, fruits of the Spirit, whatever. That's a given. But if you have Peter Presbyterian, who is nerdy, introverted, doesn't take care of himself, and tells girls on the first date that he loves them and that they were "made for him", on the one hand, and Ronnie Reformed, who makes jokes, is laid back, treats her with respect, "plays the game" (flirting, not sinfully), etc, on the other hand... then even the most dyed-in-the-wool little Reformed girlie is gonna go for Ronnie Reformed. And Peter Presbyterian will get on message boards and ask what he's doing wrong.

:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Mudandstars
But if you have Peter Presbyterian, who is nerdy, introverted, doesn't take care of himself, and tells girls on the first date that he loves them and that they were "made for him", on the one hand, and Ronnie Reformed, who makes jokes, is laid back, treats her with respect, "plays the game" (flirting, not sinfully), etc, on the other hand... then even the most dyed-in-the-wool little Reformed girlie is gonna go for Ronnie Reformed. And Peter Presbyterian will get on message boards and ask what he's doing wrong.

It doesn't hurt if you're a Handsome Huguenot. :D

Yeah. Such things tend to come in handy. "Dating advice" in Christian circles is always in the redemptive sphere, and rarely in the creative sphere. You should be courting a moral, fruit-bearing, Christian woman...

but nevertheless, she's a moral, fruit-bearing, Christian *woman*. So... Blade, if you don't work out: Start. If you can go to college and get a decent job, do it. These things come in handy if you're not a natural looker like Andrew.

I deleted my advice, because #1 it was intended for Nathan and he read it already, and #2, it was off-focus and more a reminder to be weary of the wrong women.

Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia
Originally posted by crhoades
Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia
Maybe you should build her a cake or sum-ting.
:lol: He'll do whatever he feels like, GOSH!

How much you wanna bet I can throw this football over them mountains over there?

I'll do my best to refrain from adding to this rabbit trail...Where's a moderator when you need one? Oh wait...:lol:

I'll tell you guys what us Reformed girls are really looking for - guys with skills, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills . . . ;)

[Edited on 8-11-2006 by Puddleglum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back