Megabus- Know Anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

Puritan Board Sophomore
Has anyone had any dealings with this company, or know anything about it- megabus US - Home ?

Was it a good experience? Any problems?

Their prices are extremely low (they say they have next to no administrative costs). You can find tickets as low as $1. If there are no hidden problems, then this is a great deal indeed.

I want to travel to Toronto in order to visit the Ontario Vital Records department (campus of York University). Hoping to find death information on some on my ancestors. The trip from Pittsburgh to Toronto and back would cost a grand total of $4.50 for my wife and I.

Our sons and other people we know use it to get to Chicago from Minneapolis in order to take the train elsewhere. It's really cheap.

We have it here in the UK. It is an excellent service for a pound or two if you book early enough. The only issues I have with it (and why I will pay a few pounds more to travel with National Express, our main british intercity coach service) is there can be a lack of legroom, and due to the number of services they run being relatively few, coaches are often full, meaning you have to sit next to someone (I hate that because I can't sit with my legs straight for more than half an hour).

But for getting from A to B at the cost of a cup of coffee, this company is good, and they have never let me down. I just prefer a wider choice of departure times and a little more space onboard!

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back