Memphis Scottish Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfschultz

Puritan Board Junior
You arrived in Memphis for the PCA General Assembly and don't have anything lined up for Monday evening (June 11). You are invited to the Memphis Scottish Society's monthly meeting at the Holiday Inn on Poplar and I-240. Dinner is at 6:00 ($15 per person) with a short business meeting at 7:00 followed by a program. If interested, e-mail Mary Ann Lucas at [email protected] by Thursday evening for reservations.

I will be presenting the program at this month's meeting about the wreck of the S.S. Politician between the Scottish Islands of Eriskay and South Uist in 1941, and the inspiration for the book and movie Whisky Galore.

Sounds fun. Whisky Galore is my all time favorite movie. I almost know it word for word. The book is just as good.
Alas, I won't be at the PCA GA. I could have added authenticity with my real Scottish accent and said a few Gaelic phrases!
Hope it goes well.

Sounds fun. Whisky Galore is my all time favorite movie. I almost know it word for word. The book is just as good.
Alas, I won't be at the PCA GA. I could have added authenticity with my real Scottish accent and said a few Gaelic phrases!
Hope it goes well.

My favorite scene is when the men are rushing down to their boats to go out the the ship and the church bell chimes midnight. They stop in their tracks and head home because it is the sabbath.

Yes that is a particularly funny scene. That was the longest Sabbath they ever had:D My favorite is when Capt Waggett goes to George Campbell's house on the Sabbath and has a fruitless argument with Mrs. Campbell. I am sure there are still people with the same reasoning in our churches today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back