Men should wear beards...according to this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

Puritan Board Junior
[video=youtube;xVZCc-hh2vw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVZCc-hh2vw&feature=related[/video]

Okay I found that while researching Agrarianism, is there not a problem with this? He claims shaving is a recent thing because of homosexuals but, there are plenty of portraits of people (including preachers), beardless prior to homosexuality being excepted at all in society. Also an Arminian (at least, I think so because of there user name) commented that Leviticus 19 is in reference to temple priests, and it falls under legalism.

Frankly, it just reminds me of the Taliban who will kill you if you don't have a beard.

There are many foolish things to be found on the internet. I don't think this one is worth even worrying about.

Shaving is cultural. Joseph shaved before he met Pharoah. Owen was clean-shaven, Dabney had an amazing beard. I like them both, by the way.

There are some men who aren't entirely attractive with a beard. Fortunately, I'm not one of them.

There are some men who aren't entirely attractive with a beard. Fortunately, I'm not one of them.

I used to be very dashing in a beard:

farmer2cropped.jpg

Vic, I've seen that puss as a mug shot in the post office. I love ya, brother, but I can really use that reward. Sorry.

Just because a man has a decent looking set of books to use as a backdrop doesn't mean he is astute. This man couldn't reason his way out of a wet paper sack.

(By the way, I wish homosexuality were 'excepted' in our culture. Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm pretty sure you meant accepted.)

Last edited:
There have been a few threads on beard/s
http://www.puritanboard.com/google....2&sa.y=15&siteurl=www.puritanboard.com%2F#916

This shows the importance of understanding and learning from OT law carefully and with wisdom and in an appropriate way for the New Covenant era lest we be found to be making Christianity and Christ out to be foolishness by e.g. going around measuring people's beards - if they have them - or taking other positions that don't properly account for redemptive historical and other changes.

No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse. Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.(Matt 9:16-17)

At what point in Systematics should the sadly neglected locus of Hairology be placed? :lol:

Grow more holy along with your beard.:cool:

Last edited:
If I am not confusing names, I believe I was once given a book written by Michael Bunker. He was also against things like paying preachers. There were some other odd views in the book, which I admittedly skimmed. But the paying preachers thing stuck with me because the guy who gave it to me was in a group that was interested in forming a core group for a church plant. Go figure. That didn't work out too well. The guy was nice enough (very nice in fact), but he was also a 9/11 Truther.

I love how many people attribute things to the advent of modernism that occurred well before modernism. All somebody has to say is "X occurred because of our modern culture, so Y is true..." to sustain so many lame arguments.

[video=youtube;n2FtI0UM6W8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2FtI0UM6W8&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;SpcT6eyfGkk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpcT6eyfGkk&feature=related[/video]

one of his point's is that men should grow beards so we can tell them apart from women...buddy if you can't tell a woman apart from a man unless he has a beard, you've got bigger problems to worry about.

I suppose every sound brother geezer is entitled to at least one whacky idea. I probably have a few unrecognised ones myself.:D

You shall not round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your beard. (Lev 19:27, ESV)
He's rounded off the hair on his temples but refuses to trim his beard.

Tim
A serious question: is he also a kinist?
Is that someone who believes true Christians should only marry their first cousins?

one of his point's is that men should grow beards so we can tell them apart from women...buddy if you can't tell a woman apart from a man unless he has a beard, you've got bigger problems to worry about.

:ditto: That's what I'm Screamin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back