Mencarow - Book of Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
Brief Sermon Overview:
"We must be well-grounded in plain truths and duties, and those must first be well-digested, before we dive into those things that are dark and difficult -- many run themselves into confusion by beginning their Bible at the wrong end." - Matthew Henry

This is an overview of the book of Revelation and a guide to its interpretation. The approach is likely not one you have heard before.

What you think the book of Revelation teaches and when you think it was written determines how you live your life - are we to conquer the world for Christ or tread water until He rescues us on the last day? - and what you think the headlines mean. Do events in the Middle East prove we are on the brink of the end times? Is Antichrist about to be revealed? Is Armageddon around the corner?

This generation of Christians has been taught Futurism; that most of Revelation describes end-time events.

Futurism is a late 16th century Roman Catholic invention that was crafted to defend the Papacy against the claims of the Protestant Reformation. Sadly, most fundamentalists and evangelicals are unknowingly parroting Roman Catholic propaganda.

The historic Protestant view is that Revelation is a panorama of world history from the first century to the end of time. It reveals the rise and fall of nations, of Romanism, Islam, the Protestant Reformation, a future New World Order of one civil government and religion imposed upon the world. But it also reveals the final triumph of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Christianization of all nations BEFORE the end of history.

Please listen to all the sermons in this series to understand the historic Protestant view of the book of Revelation.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sid=92707225222

I've been enjoying these sermons, very clear and well done.

Bill was our elder at a church here in VA. We loved him. He stood for truth and was not afraid to do the difficult task of being an elder. My family has a deep respect for him. He walked us through some difficult choices when looking for a church, just recently. I love listening to him as well. I still remember a sermon he did when I was a new believer, it was excellent. Am glad to see others listening and benefiting from his preaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back