Michael Moore-Capitalism:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never watched any of his films.

He's a polemic, not unlike O'Reilly or Olbermann, who makes money off of doing shocking and controversial things. I surmise it's because he doesn't have any real talent; just the lack of wit and tact to do and say things most people wouldn't do or say. I refuse to give him money. From what I understand, he's not even a U.S. citizen, he's Canadian. He just likes complaining about the U.S.A. and things he sees wrong with it. I consider him a hack filmmaker.

Yes I will watch it. I don't agree with most of mr. Moore's politics but even a broken clock is right twice a day. The American people have been robbed by a crime cartel via Wall Street and Washington and anything that is done to expose it I am thankful for it. Movies like this and 'the Obama Deception' and 'freedom to facsim' should be watched by all concerned citizens in my opinion.

No, I'm not going to give him the satisfaction, even if I could get it at the Red Box for a buck. Having seen some of his earlier work, such as Roger and Me, I've concluded he's the sort of hack who defies even the broken-clock rule.

So according to him, capitalism is the enemy instead of the real enemy being the action of breaking the law? If he thinks that capitalism leads to greed and gives the rich the opportunity to take from the poor, just wait till he sees what communism does.

So according to him, capitalism is the enemy instead of the real enemy being the action of breaking the law? If he thinks that capitalism leads to greed and gives the rich the opportunity to take from the poor, just wait till he sees what communism does.

We're way past communism now. We are now a fascist state.

Never watched any of his films.

He's a polemic, not unlike O'Reilly or Olbermann, who makes money off of doing shocking and controversial things. I surmise it's because he doesn't have any real talent; just the lack of wit and tact to do and say things most people wouldn't do or say. I refuse to give him money. From what I understand, he's not even a U.S. citizen, he's Canadian. He just likes complaining about the U.S.A. and things he sees wrong with it. I consider him a hack filmmaker.

Oh please no you may have him!

Actually he is American born (Michigan and he still resides there). Perhaps you are thinking of Michael Myers?

No I wish they wouldquit calling him a Documentarian he's polmicist and some of his tactics arnt the most honest or fair (see the Chalrton Heston interview in Bowling for Colombine)

Yes I will watch it. I don't agree with most of mr. Moore's politics but even a broken clock is right twice a day. The American people have been robbed by a crime cartel via Wall Street and Washington and anything that is done to expose it I am thankful for it. Movies like this and 'the Obama Deception' and 'freedom to facsim' should be watched by all concerned citizens in my opinion.

There are probably more reliable sources from which to obtain a similar perspective. Moore's shock value blunts his need to present a coherent and thoughtful message. That said, I have seen some of what he's done and he is not without talent. He just uses it (more often than not) to spread bad information.

I'll watch it. Let me qualify though. Most likely I'll only pay a dollar for it from Red Box.

It looks quite informative to be honest. Capitalism in of itself is not wrong it's actually rooted in biblical economics. However, where Moore misses the mark is the sinfulness of greedy men. This is the problem. Greed and sin. Of course he won't state this from a biblical perspective but he may have some facts that can be used to expose the insidious nature of bad commerce. Wall Street and the government are doing nothing more then what the unregenerate have done from the dawn of time, their taking a perverted form of dominion over other people. This is exaclty what communism is, a perversion of biblical dominion,i.e., tilling the land apart from God's commands. The Wall Street gangsters along with the Federal Reserve mafia are nothing more than criminals plain and simple. They should be exposed and arrested. When I tell people the Federal Reserve is about as Federal as Federal Express there's a look of, huh? Similar reaction comes when telling folks, the tax rate percentage in this country is more like 60%-65% with all the cummulative taxes against the people, or that most employees are working for the government for 4-6 months out of the year just to pay for their income tax.

Anyway... Take what you can from Moore and confirm where he's wrong but also confirm where he's right.

Michael Moore is a liar. I would be more than happy to watch a film about the dangers and cons of capitalism - if the filmmaker doesn't distort the truth. With Moore's track record he is almost guaranteed to do so.

The truth is not in him.
I will spend my money (earned through capitalist endeavors) on those who speak truth.
Capitalism is no more the blame for evil and greed than use of food is for his waist size.
Abuse of food or capitalism is different from the mere use of same.

Michael Moore is a liar. I would be more than happy to watch a film about the dangers and cons of capitalism - if the filmmaker doesn't distort the truth. With Moore's track record he is almost guaranteed to do so.

:agree:

-----Added 9/30/2009 at 04:59:04 EST-----

Am I the only one who gets tired of certain people in America complaining they "have nothing" just because they have a 1200 sqft home with central heat/air and a car in the garage instead of a 3000 sq ft home with 3 cars? Sorry you have to squeek by on $40k a year instead of the $100k you deserve. :rant:

Am I the only one who gets tired of certain people in America complaining they "have nothing" just because they have a 1200 sqft home with central heat/air and a car in the garage instead of a 3000 sq ft home with 3 cars? Sorry you have to squeek by on $40k a year instead of the $100k you deserve. :rant:

:lol::lol: tell us how you really feel! :lol::lol:

:applause: Man, this is a hot button issue for me too!

Funny how it's all Bush's fault and the eeeeeeeeeeevil captitalist pigs those republicans! Funny how he doesn't call Obama to account for the billions of dollars he's throwing away and giving to shadowy organizations.

If he crossed the political parties, I might give him the time of day on this one...classic fallacious arguments...include just enough truth to pass the lie off as believable.

It was/is said that a broken clock is right twice a day, to which I add, that a clock that runs but is set wrong........ is never right.

I doubt I will watch it...but from the video, in some ways I would have to agree..a citizens arrest of those who asked for bailouts from our tax dollars and those who gave it..in stead of allowing REAL capitalism work..if a company is going belly up and can't get financing, you let them go under..

He comes across as if it is a 'political parties' fault, when it's not..it's a sin problem (as others have stated) and until the hearts of men are turned to God this will continue as it has throughout time..

I won't watch it...

But I do think it is funny he has advertised on billboards to promote his issues with capitalism...

What amazes me is not that Michael Moore doesn’t like capitalism. It’s that he’s trying to make money off of his denunciation of capitalism, and using advertising to try to do so. It’s almost as though the filmmaker is winking at us, kind of like the Borat character, bilking us for our cash and laughing at our gullibility for giving it to him.
- Russell Moore (source: Moore to the Point by Russell D. Moore )

Status
Not open for further replies.