Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafe Andersen

Puritan Board Freshman
I Just want to spread the word that Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary is a wonderful option for reformed theological training. I will be joyfully attending there next January after I graduate with my undergraduate degree.

I wanted to let you all know that the seminary along with their undergraduate college offers both hybrid and full degrees online.

The following are offered to take %100 online:

Bachelor of Arts (Christian Ministry)
Master of Arts (Theological Studies)
Master of Arts (Church Revitalization)
Master of Arts (Missions)
Master of Theological Studies (Standard)
Master of Theological Studies (Leadership Emphasis)
Master of Theological Studies (Church Planting Emphasis)
Master of Theological Studies (Preaching and Pastoral Ministry Emphasis)

I am sure that Midwestern is a fine school, but I am not sure I would call it reformed. If memory serves, MWBTS was one of the sponsors of the John 3:16 conference.

I am sure that Midwestern is a fine school, but I am not sure I would call it reformed. If memory serves, MWBTS was one of the sponsors of the John 3:16 conference.

They indeed were, however that was in 2008. Since then they have elected a new president and the whole trajectory of the seminary has changed.

Last edited:

They indeed were, however that was in 2008. Since then they have elected a new president and the whole trajectory of the seminary has changed. Also they have built an amazing library from their old chapel in tribute to Charles Spurgeon, containing many of his original works on display. They even made a wonderful documentary about his life.

Welcome to the Spurgeon Center at Midwestern Seminary | Kansas City, MO

Through the Eyes of Spurgeon

So you are wrong about them not being reformed.

That is good news indeed. In this case, I am happy to be wrong :cheers2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back