Military Chaplains told to NOT pray in name of Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get your feathers ruffled up just yet Nathan. There is another side to the story. I've only been off active duty a year now, and I never heard a Christian chaplain not say "in Jesus name." It's never been an issue in my experience. The laws are very specific protecting them. So I think there's something else going on here.

He has made numerous public professions. Do you have a reason to doubt his salvation?

I for one have doubts about his doctrine, but knowing that as a young man he generally led a wasteful and meaningless life (by his own admission) and has since been able to conquer those sins, I see no reason to call into question his profession of faith.

Originally posted by Bladestunner316
What then could it be?

I heard this chaplain and then a response from his fellow chaplain later on, both on the Sean Hannity show. The second chaplain, another Christian chaplain, said this guy was basicaly lying, though he used nicer words. I don't know what is going on in these ciorcumstances, but I would not be so quick to rush to any judgment on this without hearing all the facts. "Quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to wrath...."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back