"Mixed modes" of Worship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks - absolutely appreciate your position - I was just concerned that we may get into an unprofitable "tit for tat" and really just wanted to offer an equitable closure to the thread, since it seemed to be getting more argumentative than "debative".

I personally am not concerned if Rev. Winzer brought up additional questions. I am willing to give him the last word - someone could start another thread if this is truly a merited debate. I believe I probably would sit it out, having understood the position and drawn a reasonable conclusion concerning its merits.

That being said - I believe Ken and I are having a reasonably non-pejorative discussion.

I have been called many things, sir, but never a non-pejorater!

I am not married to this thread either. I was honestly having a hard time understanding what the disagreement was about but now I think I understand.

I wish I was a moderator and could type in red! But I am :chained: to black and white!

I had written:

"Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments," Ps. 119:6. Holiness is not a lottery, where you choose the numbers and hope for the best.

This met with the following response:

Rev. Winzer - I hope you will take this in the spirit in which it is given. Holding up or boasting in your zeal for holiness in a manner that maligns your brothers' - which, I confess, it seems to me you have done - particularly in this forum with mostly like-minded brethren, is not very charitable. We should only boast in Christ.

Where have I boasted in my zeal for hoiliness or maligned my brother? I quoted Scripture and made a reflection. It seems to me Mr. Longmire is the one who has engaged in malignant comments against my name, and has done so without any justification. This is very unfortunate considering he had already left the discussion.

I can sing with my spirit and my mind in my heart without making a sound or utilizing my vocal chords, so yes I can sing while partaking of the cup. Just as I can do the same when I pray.

Psalm 30:12
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever

This verse has come up a couple of times in defense of singing without making a sound, so i feel compelled to point out that the verse says "and not be silent."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back