MODERN commentaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking on bush on exodus

president bush was in a coliseum when he spotted a man wearing robes, holding two tablets and a staff. He went up to him and asked , "are you Moses?" their was no reply. he asked agin if he was Moses and agin no reply. so as the president was leaving, he asked one of the secret service people to see who he was. the officer went up to the old man and asked who he was. I am Moses, he said. then why didn't you tell the president that.

"Well, the last time I talked to a bush..."

:lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by beej6
Fred,

Thank for you those references. I'm not a preacher, but maybe I can make use of them anyway ;-) I just checked Thomas' which is out of print, so I'll have to write the publisher... I think I saw Glynn in the stores in the past but wondered if it was "too much" for this lowly layman. I will check it out.

I realize that my OT choices above may be all over the map. I was willing to have to read those more critically, "taking a chance" at that time and having no idea among "conservative" v. "liberal" and that. And I confess I end up referring to my NT commentaries more often anyway.

BJ,

You can get the Thomas book from the RTS Bookstore in Jackson.

Originally posted by beej6
Thanks again Fred... the online bookstore doesn't show it, should I call them?

Yes, you could do that. The manager's name is Steven Wright - a very good man. If you want, I'll try and look myself today; I'm going over to do some work in a couple of hours.

Also, if that doesn't work, you should call First Pres Jackson, and ask for the bookstore there.

[Edited on 3/15/2006 by fredtgreco]

RTS bookstore doesn't ahve the old Derek Thomas commentary survey. They pulled it because it is being updated. That is what Steven Wrgiht told me. The new one should be out soon.

Jacob and Fred, thanks for those... I will check out Glynn while waiting for the update of Thomas.

Originally posted by Draught Horse
RTS bookstore doesn't ahve the old Derek Thomas commentary survey. They pulled it because it is being updated. That is what Steven Wrgiht told me. The new one should be out soon.

Yes. Steven just told me that as well today. He said that the new version was "being proofed." We can only hope that part of the proofing is not being done by the busiest man on earth - Ligon. :)

I think anyone will find Glynn exceedngly helpful anyway, in some ways more helpful than the Thomas book - simply because of length and breadth. Glynn even reviews reference, language and other works, not just commentaries. Probably the best reference book I have bought in the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back