More suggestions - Forum home link on sidebar & Quote notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonP

Puritan Board Junior
be nice to be able to get a notice when someone quotes you in a thread.

Is there a way to just get a notice or email or something when that happens?

I don't want an email for all entries in a thread just if I am quoted so I can check it.

Yes I am paranoid, but just a little. :) Just trying to be responsible

Last edited:
Your first request: isn't that what "Members Forums" is on the sidebar? If not, I don't understand what you want.
Second request: I know it's doable in vBulletin, because I use it on another board. If it's not available from your User CP, the admins may not have it turned on for a reason.

Forum home link on sidebar so I don't have to go to todays then down to the little box and open it ,

To get to Forum Home just click on the PB logo in the top left of your screen. Is that what you mean?

puritanboardlogo.gif

Also, in the lower right-hand corner there is a link called Puritanboard that will take you to the forum home.

Re: getting a notice that somebody has replied to a thread, that is in the Thread Tools. Select Subscribe to Thread and you'll be notified of Replies. It will not notify you if somebody simply quotes you nor is there a hack for this.

Also, in the lower right-hand corner there is a link called Puritanboard that will take you to the forum home.

Re: getting a notice that somebody has replied to a thread, that is in the Thread Tools. Select Subscribe to Thread and you'll be notified of Replies. It will not notify you if somebody simply quotes you nor is there a hack for this.

OK where is thread tools? I see the email options and I can turn off email notification or on but that is not a reply to me just any post to thread

OK where is thread tools? I see the email options and I can turn off email notification or on but that is not a reply to me just any post to thread

Top of first post in each thread. Next to linkback and ThreadSearch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back