Mormon internet advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorBravo

Administrator
Staff member
I'm wondering if other folks here are getting margin advertisements for Mormon literature. My wife and I are suddenly seeing these on all sorts of websites. They often come up on news sites. When I'm searching for something else they pop up on the side or the top.

I'm used to "cookie based" ads. A while back I was looking up the tensile strength of 1/2 inch rebar. Next thing I know, every website I went to had an ad saying "get your 1/2 inch rebar now! Click here!" Pretty funny to see that hovering around slate.com.

But neither of us have been searching Mormon stuff lately. I'm wondering if this is a nationwide blitz or just a regional thing for us. We live in fairly heavy Mormon country.

For the past five years or so I've seen them sporadically on major sites such as ESPN.com and drudge.

I've not seen any, and we're fairly Mormon-heavy here too. I suppose they could be selling those ads by state, though. Looking at the state as a whole, Idaho would easily beat out Colorado for interest in Mormon materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back