Most Annoying Sit-Com Characters. Poll Time!

Most Annoying Sit-Com Characters.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Squiggy on Laverne & Shirley.
Redd Foxx's character on Sanford & Son. Everyone else on the show, including Grady, was good; Foxx stunk.
Sophia (Estelle Getty) on Golden Girls. (Miserable, dirty old bat. Someone should have taken her to Disneyworld and left her there. They could have called it, "Sophia's Special Day Trip..." I would have taped it.)
Felix Unger (Tony Randall on The Odd Couple).
The entire casts of The Munsters and The Addams Family. Big yuck. Fred Gwynne of The Munsters gets a partial pass for his brilliance in his later role in "My Cousin Vinnie." A great role to, ahem, "go out on."

Margaret
Squiggy! Yes! The knuckle biter. Was he mental?

The most annoying part of "Squiggy" was that I don't think he was supposed to be "mental..." I think the writers wrote him just to be "lovably nuts." I, however, felt like someone should have put him face-first through a few thicknesses of drywall. Might've straightened him out a bit.

:lol:

Margaret

I'm way out of date on sit-coms (haven't watched much tv since the mid-90's) but my all time most-annoying character is Monroe from Too Close for Comfort (the actor's life after the show just keeps him up there on the top of the list)

jim-j-bullock.jpg

I was trying my best to think of this guy's name! YES! He takes the cake. A little light in the loafers too. (In real life)

That's Howling Mad Mudock!! The A-team rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----Added 3/23/2009 at 10:16:38 EST-----

Voyager? Voyager? Punishment to the infidels!!!!!

Counselor Troi in case anybody wants to know the most annoying on Star Trek. Followed closely by Wesley. Then the fake Klingon Warf. Then the wimpy Capitan Picard. In fact, Star Trek - The Next Degradation is the lamest.

Voyager? Voyager? Punishment to the infidels!!!!!

Counselor Troi in case anybody wants to know the most annoying on Star Trek. Followed closely by Wesley. Then the fake Klingon Warf. Then the wimpy Capitan Picard. In fact, Star Trek - The Next Degradation is the lamest.

Now them there is fight'n words!

Squiggy definitely ranks up there...I also hate any animated sitcom (the characters therein) that's ever been, and ever will be, on FOX.

Fighting words? Yes they are, but sometime you have to take a stand for truth.

The most annoying character? Butters from SouthPark.

I think the holographic doctor from Star Trek: Voyager was pretty annoying...

:D

You say that now, but just wait until the ECH [Emergency COMMAND Hologram] shows up. Then you'll be sorry.

Voy224.jpg

I'm such a nerd that I remember that The Doctor was originally supposed to be called "Doc Zimmerman." I don't know why that name was never used. There was even a reference on an early episode where The Doctor told someone about a guy back on Earth named Zimmerman who did his programming.

Eddie Haskell-Leave it to Beaver

Oh, I respectfully differ with you! Ken Osmond as Eddie Haskell was a master! He put the word "smarmy" on everyone's lips. He was great. He was so annoying that he circumvented the very term by leaps and bounds and took television with him to new heights (uh, depths).

The character of Eddie Haskell was a virtuoso. No one could better "play like a violin" even the kindest person in the world into announcing, "Gee, I'd like to bust that guy in the chops!" Even Eddie Haskell, though, had some altruistic moments; it was gratifying to see that once in a long, long while.

I'd post some great Haskell clips here, but it appears that Osmond owns the rights to them & so they're really not plentiful on YouTube...

Margaret

I think we should add the dreaded Grandpa Munster in this list....he gave me the creeps!:eek: Shoot...still does!

I can't stand Marge from the Simpsons, she is NEVER funny, they try too hard to make her represent all sorts of modern egalitarian ideas, I think the writers of the show believe women don't have a sense of humour and look for someone to `relate' to. Whenever there is an episode that focuses on Marge, it is always heavy-handed and unhumorous.

I love the show `How I Met Your Mother' but I hate the main character Ted Moseby, he is such a sentimental new-age guy with many feminine traits and an effete manner of talking. I bet he can't catch or throw.

I think the holographic doctor from Star Trek: Voyager was pretty annoying...

:D

You say that now, but just wait until the ECH [Emergency COMMAND Hologram] shows up. Then you'll be sorry.

Voy224.jpg

I'm such a nerd that I remember that The Doctor was originally supposed to be called "Doc Zimmerman." I don't know why that name was never used. There was even a reference on an early episode where The Doctor told someone about a guy back on Earth named Zimmerman who did his programming.

My mind is packed with ST trivia of all sorts.... but I'm currently on a renovation project trying to replace as much of it as possible with Theological knowledge. :think:

Fighting words? Yes they are, but sometime you have to take a stand for truth.

The most annoying character? Butters from SouthPark.

Wesley Crusher is not even 1/100th as annoying as Neelix, but I still appreciate Voyager.

You are right. I had forgotten about him. Neelix is most annoying. Last night the episode where he dies and 7 of 9 brings him back. I kept yelling "NO! Don't do it!" My wife was giving me funny looks. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back