Most Annoying Sit-Com Characters. Poll Time!

Most Annoying Sit-Com Characters.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was kind of creepy that Neelix was betrothed to that Ocampa (sp?) girl who looked 30 but was really only about 8 years old (wasn't their lifespan 10 years?).

Quark's brother on DS9 was pretty annoying as well.

At least Tuvok was cool.

Speaking of annoying characters on sitcoms -- did anyone find it odd that STV made use of a character played by Ethan Phillips (Neelix) and DS9 a character played by Rene Auberjonois (Odo), both of whom were characters on the sitcom "Benson"?

:think:

OK, I have one I NEED to throw out not truly a sitcom BUT a character so horrid I must unburden myself before my brethren......yes people I am talking about the much dreaded and much hated TWIKI from Buck Roger's! A vile little android that, I frankly, would have tossed through the closest Air-Lock!:2cents::popcorn:

Whiny

Whiny Ross from Friends...his voice makes me cringe...needy, too.

And also Screech from Saved by the Bell.

I can't stand Marge from the Simpsons, she is NEVER funny, they try too hard to make her represent all sorts of modern egalitarian ideas, I think the writers of the show believe women don't have a sense of humour and look for someone to `relate' to. Whenever there is an episode that focuses on Marge, it is always heavy-handed and unhumorous.

I love the show `How I Met Your Mother' but I hate the main character Ted Moseby, he is such a sentimental new-age guy with many feminine traits and an effete manner of talking. I bet he can't catch or throw.

Great call on Ted!!!
He is a major wuss.

I think the holographic doctor from Star Trek: Voyager was pretty annoying...

:D

You say that now, but just wait until the ECH [Emergency COMMAND Hologram] shows up. Then you'll be sorry.

Voy224.jpg

I'm such a nerd that I remember that The Doctor was originally supposed to be called "Doc Zimmerman." I don't know why that name was never used. There was even a reference on an early episode where The Doctor told someone about a guy back on Earth named Zimmerman who did his programming.

^^--As requested, my avatar has changed. ;)

Secondly, I'm not sure why the name was never used, but I do know that the real Zimmerman--still living back on good ol' Jupiter Station--showed up at least twice in later Voyager episodes. And, if I'm not mistaken, a DS9 episode or two.

... I'm not sure why the name was never used, but I do know that the real Zimmerman--still living back on good ol' Jupiter Station--showed up at least twice in later Voyager episodes. And, if I'm not mistaken, a DS9 episode or two.

Was Zimmerman played by the same actor? Or someone different?

I missed most of the later seasons of both DS9 and STV.

... I'm not sure why the name was never used, but I do know that the real Zimmerman--still living back on good ol' Jupiter Station--showed up at least twice in later Voyager episodes. And, if I'm not mistaken, a DS9 episode or two.

Was Zimmerman played by the same actor? Or someone different?

I missed most of the later seasons of both DS9 and STV.

Robert Picardo played both Dr. Lewis Zimmerman and The Doctor, yes. As a side note, he also played Mr. Woolsey in Stargate Atlantis. ;)

Everyone here HATES Raymond (and all the cast of that sorry show).

I vote for Deanna Troi before she got hot in the later seasons. "I feel immense pain..." (gag)

George's fiancee on Seinfeld was really annoying too.

I am very pleased that there are 3 others who feel Mr. Bently (The Jeffersons) is truly the worst! What was his DEAL!!!! Really when all is said and done there has been no more of an annoying sitcom Character In my humble opinion!:judge:

Al Bundy. need I say more?

Theognome

NOOOO!!!!

He is cool.
National Organisation of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood.
No Ma`am.

I must agree with you. I LOVE Al Bundy. (The entire "Married With Children" series is a terrible secret vice of mine, so please keep this quiet.):)

-----Added 3/27/2009 at 08:33:35 EST-----

Tripel;

What is "Alice"? And who is "Flo"?

Alice and Flo were waitresses in Mel's Diner..

And Flo's most famous line was "KISS MY GRITS!!"

And that I can remember those things is scary--

I hated Flo. Still do.

But I LOVE grits. Cheese. Garlic. Bacon. MMMMmmm

Al Bundy. need I say more?

Theognome

NOOOO!!!!

He is cool.
National Organisation of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood.
No Ma`am.

I must agree with you. I LOVE Al Bundy. (The entire "Married With Children" series is a terrible secret vice of mine, so please keep this quiet.):)

-----Added 3/27/2009 at 08:33:35 EST-----

Tripel;

What is "Alice"? And who is "Flo"?

Alice and Flo were waitresses in Mel's Diner..

And Flo's most famous line was "KISS MY GRITS!!"

And that I can remember those things is scary--

I hated Flo. Still do.

But I LOVE grits. Cheese. Garlic. Bacon. MMMMmmm

Was that the show where the guy said, "To the moon Alice..."
My mom quoted that ALL the time growing up when we were doing something bad.

About Married with Children...Staphlobob, I feel that your presence is now required on this thread:Guilty Pleasures.

"To the moon, Alice" was from the show "The Honeymooners," starring Jackie Gleason and Art Carney. I've always been discomforted by that quote because he was ultimately threatening spousal abuse. I believe he also used to say, "One of these days, Alice, pow -- right in the kisser."

Everyone here HATES Raymond (and all the cast of that sorry show).

I vote for Deanna Troi before she got hot in the later seasons. "I feel immense pain..." (gag)

George's fiancee on Seinfeld was really annoying too.

I second Deanna Troi. Especially when playing poker-- "I sense... great bluffing!"

"To the moon, Alice" was from the show "The Honeymooners," starring Jackie Gleason and Art Carney. I've always been discomforted by that quote because he was ultimately threatening spousal abuse. I believe he also used to say, "One of these days, Alice, pow -- right in the kisser."

That is right..."One of these days...." she used that one, too.
I was never even spanked, so there was no danger for us.
It was an empty threat, though, right?

Pretty much. I think deep down he loved Alice dearly, she just always got the better of him. It just seems out of place to make jokes about wife abuse on nationwide TV.

Pretty much. I think deep down he loved Alice dearly, she just always got the better of him. It just seems out of place to make jokes about wife abuse on nationwide TV.
Defending Gleason here, you have to remember how old the show is and like you said it was all talk...he often had the "I love ya Alice." In there as well. To be honest given the fact Alice never had a black-eye I am going to assume he was NOT going Ike Turner on her!

Tim;

]Ray on Everybody Loves Raymond. The character is a wimp. He doesn't lead or take responsibility, his wife walks all over him....

I watched this show a few times, and thought the same thing..and stopped watching it..

And to be honest, it's NOT just Ray, it was all the men on that show..but the sad truth is..that is what many men in our society have become.. :barfy: :barfy:

I agree

Natalie on The Facts of Life
Skippy on Family Ties
and Blossom.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

-----Added 3/27/2009 at 05:41:00 EST-----

Dare I mention Mr. Belvadre......

I love him!!! I just bought the boxed set for the first season.

:eek::oops:

-----Added 3/27/2009 at 05:44:02 EST-----

Eddie Haskell-Leave it to Beaver

No, I think Judy Flanders was more annoying than Eddie.

It's about time you chimed in! I mean, seriously- you're the most qualified and knowledgeable person on the board regarding sitcoms. How many DVD's do you have of sitcoms? 100? 200? 300? more? Box sets? VHS tapes?

Theognome

Skippy on Family Ties
and Blossom.

YES to Natalie!!!
And do you really have Mr. Belvidere? I would LOVE to watch that again!!
I went to school where the show was supposedly located. I want to watch it to see if it the setting is at all like the real town.

Skippy on Family Ties
and Blossom.

YES to Natalie!!!
I went to school where the show was supposedly located. I want to watch it to see if it the setting is at all like the real town.
JESSSI!!! NO! NO! NO! You do not like Mr. Belvadre! You just THINK you do. People, help me talk our our sister down from this "roof"...:eek::eek::eek:

Skippy on Family Ties
and Blossom.

YES to Natalie!!!
JESSSI!!! NO! NO! NO! You do not like Mr. Belvadre! You just THINK you do. People, help me talk our our sister down from this "roof"...:eek::eek::eek:

Uncle,
Well. You are correct, for now, in saying that I "think" I like Belvedere, b/c I really do not remember. I was like six when it was on, ok, maybe 10. BUT I do really want to see it. I don't know whether it would stink, but I want to reminisce.

Show I HATED growing up: Full House.
ick.

Skippy on Family Ties
and Blossom.

YES to Natalie!!!

Yeah, I bought it at Best Buy when it came out March 17th. It came to about $37.00 with tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back