Motherhood encouragement

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyG

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey Mamas. Any books or resources (or advice?) that were generally encouraging to you as a mother, weary and in the thick of it? I am all ears. :)

This is side tracking a bit, but there are some great Reformed Parenting groups on Facebook (ugh), where there is support and just general good words and advices to one another.

The Bible, Proverbs and Ephesians

(Bruce Ray, withhold not correction)

(Jay Adams, Christian Living in the Home)

"The Way Home" by Mary Pride radically changed my views on wife and motherhood. Now maybe it is theologically not reformed enough I don't know; I was a newish Christian, raised feminist/atheist, so, I was not as discerning as perhaps I am now. But man I loved that book. I have often thought to re read with my thoroughly reformed eyes but I loaned it out so long ago and did not get it back. . .

This isn't about motherhood per se but the "Give me Jesus" journals by Well-Watered Women has been immensely helpful for my wife daily in keeping her nourished on Jesus as a mother of five. It's gives helpful structure for her for prayer/Scripture reading. She also greatly appreciates Jen Wilken bible studies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back