Muslim conversions to Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmwilliamsjr

Puritan Board Freshman
A friend posted this link:
http://www.americanthinker.com/comments.php?comments_id=5048
I find it very revealing that Al-Jazeerah would rather not inform, or should I say admit to, the west that every year an average of six million African Muslims willingly trade in their faith in Mohammad for a chance to know the love of Jesus Christ.

he posted this:
http://www.formermuslims.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2133
6 Million Muslims LEAVE Islam every year!!!

and:
http://www.formermuslims.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2133

is anyone familiar with missionary efforts to Islam?
who can point to trustworthy links?
thanks.

rmwilliamsjr,

who can point to trustworthy links? thanks.

I will contact one of the missionaries our church supports and see what they know.

[Edited on 9-14-2006 by BJClark]

rmwilliamsjr,

who can point to trustworthy links? thanks.

As I stated, I would e-mail one of the missionaries our church supports, I sent him the link here, so that he was able to read the information and then respond to what he is experiencing, here is his response back....and because of his location I will be removing that from the e-mail:

Unfortunately, the number of conversions here on the Arabian Peninsula are still in the handfuls "“ hundreds or thousands each year "“ as far as I know.

But the direct reports I have heard from North Africa are very encouraging "“ tens or hundreds of thousands each year in one country in particular, with hundreds of indigenous churches being planted each year.

On the other hand, many of the other "œconversions" reported in Africa, as well as the "œmartyrdoms of Christians at the hands of Muslims" are political, not actually religious. In Sudan, warring tribes arrange themselves into leagues of "œChristians" or "œMuslims". A tribe of 50,000 may switch allegiances one week, and suddenly there are 50,000 "œconversions" reported "“ technically true, but not really new followers of Christ. The next week, 5,000 from that tribe may be killed by warring tribes, resulting in "œ5,000 Christians who were martyred by Muslims", and the next week the tribe may switch back to their Muslim allegiance. So the work of God in hearts can get obscured by numbers that are purely political.

That´s the little that I know about the subject of numbers of conversions.

The other thing that I know is that the greatest persecution in modern times in the country we live in was caused by publishing specific numbers "“ about twenty years ago a reference book estimated that there were 200 believers here where I serve, and so with the proof in black and white, the government rounded up, jailed, tortured, and killed as many suspects as they could find to ensure that they got all 200 converts. So, we need to be very careful about publishing specific numbers for specific countries.

He asked his name and location not be revealed.

However, if you would like more information you can send me a message and I can ask that he get in touch with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back