MVP of the 2005 MLB Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for Ichiro only because the Mariners need to have one bright spot in this dismal season.

I think it's too early to be casting this vote. Thinking about it maybe...

But the league-wide MVP has got to be someone who was at least instrumental in getting his team into the playoffs, or staging a major comeback. There are other awards for stats kings, and 20+ game winners, etc. But MVP? That has got to be someone who was instrumental in the league season going the way it went. :2cents:

I voted Ichiro for the same reasons as Rev. Kok.

Ichiro managed to take a bit of the sting out of last season, and this season isn't looking any better. :-(

Albert Pujols, if you dont see him a lot, you dont realize just how good he is defensively. Also Jim Edmonds, Scott Rolen and Larry Walker have all been nursing injuries even when they have been in the lineup and Pujols continues to fight through injuries and play every day, excellently.

A-Rod is putting up ridiculous numbers this season and he's doing it in New York with all the media and with all the expectations. He gets my vote.

Ortiz is having a great year and strikes fear into every pitcher he faces, but he's disqualified for being a member of the Boston Red Sox.:bigsmile:

um, although I like the Cubs (lifetime fan) and I think Derek Lee is really good, Andruw Jones will get it. Not someone from American League, and it won't be pujols. Jones led his team; Pujols wasn't necessarily needed to make his team be in 1st place (the Braves needed Jones, and wouldn't be in first if it wasn't for him, plus I believe he leads in HR's and RBI'S).

[Edited on 9-27-2005 by Romans922]

Go Papi!

1097283915_5611.1.jpg

Man...this is a tough call this year.

Jones is a good pick for the NL. -and he's led his team to capture their division (again! ...14 times in a row!!!).

Ortiz is really a clutch hitter...but he's a d.h. which might not sit well with traditionalists since he doesn't play defense. A-Rod (as usual) is putting up some big-time numbers....
hmmmmmm maybe I should wait till this weekend NY-Boston series is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back