MY dad's latest Bible question - Sons of God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pergamum

Ordinary Guy (TM)
Can you help me with another Bible question. Please be clear. Conciseness is also a major need. Also try to be evangelistic and show him that we too can be sons of God through Christ.

Okay, here is my dad's question. How would you answer it in a few short paragraphs and possible use of other Scripture:

Also I have one Bible Question.ons
In Job 1-6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before
the Lord and Satan came also among them. ---- ----------

I thought there was only one Son of God.

The heavenly, angelic host is also referred to as the sons of God from time to time in Scripture (Jpb 1.6; 2.1; 38.7; . Also, the descendants of Seth are also called the sons of God (Genesis 6.2)

However, God the Father also has one "Unique Son" (Only Begotten) the Lord Jesus, and that relationship is eternal, and unique, and not diminished by these other, lesser relationships.

I can think of no better answer than that of the Heidelberg Catechism:

Q33: Why is He called God's "only begotten Son," since we also are the children of God?
A33: Because Christ alone is the eternal, natural Son of God,[1] but we are the children of God by adoption, through grace, for His sake.[2]

1. John 1:14, 18
2. Rom. 8:15-17; Eph. 1:5-6; I John 3:1

Perfect, Pastor Daniel!

I can think of no better answer than that of the Heidelberg Catechism:

Q33: Why is He called God's "only begotten Son," since we also are the children of God?
A33: Because Christ alone is the eternal, natural Son of God,[1] but we are the children of God by adoption, through grace, for His sake.[2]

1. John 1:14, 18
2. Rom. 8:15-17; Eph. 1:5-6; I John 3:1

Okay, the question is answered and I added generous scripture from John 1 and Romans 8.

Thanks guys. Words fitly spoken....like apples of Gold in platters of silver, or however that proverb goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back