My hats off to TBN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogri17

Puritan Board Junior
Well as much as it pains me to admit it TBN's youth network JCTV (yes, I realize the corny sounding name) actually has a link to a store where one can buy clothes that witness (you know because that preaching the Word of God thing is so like totally out dated) and I have to say most of the products were not bad.

This one is a girl's shirt that I thought "I wish they had that when I was 15" (i'm a old 20 now).
Doctrine > Desires > Girls Christian Shirts @ C28

All of the clothes were modest and non-revealing and no heresy on them. For a TBN affiliated thing, I think they deserve my congrats.

What's ironic is the shirt says "doctrine" and the description of the shirt talks about it's what in your heart that matters.

I think they used the shirt doctrine, because it makes them sound smart. To give them credit they started out with the shirt reading Heresy instead, but it just didn't sell as well...

In Addition to what everyone else posted above, I do not think they can be considered modest.. They were tight and form fitting clingy. Thin material and a low neck line a least on the doctrine shirt....

:violin:

Man . . . as well-intentioned as some of the wearers might be, I pretty much can't stand "Witness Wear" and other things of its ilk. I'm reminded of some lyrics by Derek Webb . . .

they'll know us by the t-shirts that we wear
they'll know us by the way we point and stare
at anyone whose sin looks worse than ours
who cannot hide the scars of this curse that we all bear

they’ll know us by our picket lines and signs
they’ll know us by the pride we hide behind
like anyone on earth is living right
and isn’t that why Jesus died
not to make us think we’re right

(chorus)
when love, love, love
is what we should be known for
love, love, love
it’s the how and it’s the why
we live and breathe and we die

they’ll know us by reasons we divide
and how we can’t seem to unify
because we’ve gotta sing songs a certain style
or we’ll walk right down that aisle
and just leave ‘em all behind

they’ll know us by the billboards that we make
just turning God’s words to cheap clichés
says “what part of murder don’t you understand?”
but we hate our fellow man
and point a finger at his grave

(chorus)

telling ‘em their sins are worse than ours
thinking we can hide our scars
beneath these t-shirts that we wear

(Although, I must admit... the design of those shirts are by far the best I've ever seen on "Christian" clothing. That doesn't mean it's "good design", but still . . . vastly surpasses anything I've seen at Lifeway. They must've hired some recent art school dropouts.)

The artwork is cheesy.

Aren't images of angels forbidden by the second commandment?

:up:

An overpriced $50 shirt that accentuates the form and physical features of a woman's body, yep, sound's like TBN and the other hucksters to me.

Wow, I didn't notice the price! That is expensive.

The next t-shirt I'm going to make will be the text of WLC Q&A 70. However, I most likely won't have it printed for another 6 months or so, b/c I have other things on my plate before I get to that.

Man . . . as well-intentioned as some of the wearers might be, I pretty much can't stand "Witness Wear" and other things of its ilk. I'm reminded of some lyrics by Derek Webb . . .

at anyone whose sin looks worse than ours
who cannot hide the scars of this curse that we all bear

they’ll know us by our picket lines and signs
they’ll know us by the pride we hide behind
like anyone on earth is living right
and isn’t that why Jesus died
not to make us think we’re right

(chorus)
when love, love, love
is what we should be known for
love, love, love
it’s the how and it’s the why
we live and breathe and we die

they’ll know us by reasons we divide
and how we can’t seem to unify
because we’ve gotta sing songs a certain style
or we’ll walk right down that aisle
and just leave ‘em all behind

they’ll know us by the billboards that we make
just turning God’s words to cheap clichés
says “what part of murder don’t you understand?”
but we hate our fellow man
and point a finger at his grave

(chorus)

telling ‘em their sins are worse than ours
thinking we can hide our scars
beneath these t-shirts that we wear

(Although, I must admit... the design of those shirts are by far the best I've ever seen on "Christian" clothing. That doesn't mean it's "good design", but still . . . vastly surpasses anything I've seen at Lifeway. They must've hired some recent art school dropouts.)

:up: Good Lyrics there... Haven't heard the song

I looked through all of the mens clothing on this particular site and found nothing i liked. $59.00 (plus shipping) for a thermal lined hooded sweatshirt? I could go to the Salvation Army and buy a car load of better deals than that with $59.00! Btw did anyone see how skinny you would have to be to wear their mens jeans :banghead:!? Ive worn skinny (mens) jeans before but this is ridiculous!

Never pay full price for something you can get for less somewhere else. :judge:

Anyone ever heard the song by Atomic Opera, "Jesus Junk"? It deals with all this sorta stuff "witness wear" and all the little trinkets one can find in a Zondervan Family Bookstore. The song doesn't present a very high opinion of it either.

I actually saw a Christian T-shirt I liked, once. It said across the front, "It's Not About Me." I've forgotten what it said on the back.

I've heard of jeans for young girls (teens mostly) with Matthew 5:28 printed across the buttocks (similar to their secular equivalents which have things like 'angel' or something of the sort printed).

Classic catch 22.

A few years ago believe it or not they gave away copies of the Heidelberg Catechism one month as a "love gift" in return for donating.

A few years ago believe it or not they gave away copies of the Heidelberg Catechism one month as a "love gift" in return for donating.
I don't know why....but that is the funniest thing I have heard all day!:rofl: It is so Theatre of the Absurd!:)

Not sure why that made me laugh but it did!

"This months love gift is a quality 1689 Confession leather bound and diamond studded. With an intro by carman. Yours now for a love gift of only $600" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back