My reply to Jeff Riddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mystified as to how McCurley and Riddle can't see the fallacious nature of the Arian argument. It's historically ludicrous. The West was much more profoundly impacted by Arianism than the East.

I'm mystified as to how McCurley and Riddle can't see the fallacious nature of the Arian argument. It's historically ludicrous. The West was much more profoundly impacted by Arianism than the East.
The argument that Arius is Alexandrian and therefore the Alexandrian manuscripts are deficient with regard to the deity of Christ is very popular in the writings of many KJV-onlyists. I don't know how these men are getting the argument and it's ending up in their works. I know at least one contributor to the volume (not McCurley or Riddle) regularly shares IFB meme-style inforgraphics about the KJV on Facebook, or at least did a couple of years ago when I used FB and was friends with him.

The argument that Arius is Alexandrian and therefore the Alexandrian manuscripts are deficient with regard to the deity of Christ is very popular in the writings of many KJV-onlyists. I don't know how these men are getting the argument and it's ending up in their works. I know at least one contributor to the volume (not McCurley or Riddle) regularly shares IFB meme-style inforgraphics about the KJV on Facebook, or at least did a couple of years ago when I used FB and was friends with him.
Having grown up in the KJVO strain of the IFB circles, this is an argument I've heard all too often. Nothing good can come from Alexandria. Except for, of course, the man who stemmed the tide of Arianism and kept Nicean orthodoxy alive. Athanasius Contra Mundum. I expect little from the IFB camp. I expect more from the Reformed camp than, to borrow from and adapt Riddle, "Alexandria bad."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back