Name For Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan&Amber2013

Puritan Board Senior
We just found out today we are having a daughter. We are so excited as we have 2 boys already.

We both agreed on a name we really like: Mary Anna Klemmer. Any thoughts on why this would be a bad idea, or could we not go wrong with this choice? Just trying to think it through. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sounds fine. Why any hesitation? Mary is a beautiful name.

At least you didn't name the baby Khaleesi like lots of Millenials did after HBO's Breasts and Dragons show. Toward the end of the series I heard that her character killed lots of innocent villagers making her pretty much a villain, and now thousands of little Millenial babies are cursed with a lame name of a mass murderer.

Here is also a list of the idiotic names that are now trending from our braindead youth, who I question whether should be reproducing at all:

BOYS

Kairo (up 423 spots). Regular Cairo is also on this list, but somehow Kairo is even more popular because K.

Kace (up 315 spots). We’re long past people naming their children after jobs (Tailor, Sailor, Racer, Accountant). The hot thing now is to name your child after an object, but then switching up a few letters to Mountain Dew-ify the name by at least 20 percent. Hence, Kace. Coming soon: Hammyr, Gunn, and Trukk.

Kashton (up 302 spots).

Jaxxon (up 214 spots). I openly refuse to believe anyone actually named their child this...

Ledger (up 205 spots). I’m just glad that LETO isn’t also among the fast risers here. But the name HEATH is right there for you if you really want to project your generic fanboyism onto some poor child for life.

Ridge (up 149 spots). Why not Fence, Tractor, Barn, Hay, Mud, Sorghum?

Aaden (up 133 spots). Aaden. AADEN. .....why not AAAAAAADEN. Why? Why is this here? Do I pronounce it Aiden, or Ahhhhh-den? What is wrong with the older version Aiden? What are you people doing to these poor names?

Kannon, Kyson, Kyng, Kaison. Yep, they’re all here, including two separate variants on “Kai-son,” which isn’t even a name to begin with. It’s just a K, people. There’s nothing special about it.

GIRLS
Ensley (up 1461 spots).

Oaklynn (up 1,072 spots). Wait for it…

Oaklyn (up 749 spots).

Paisleigh (up 364 spots).

Kynlee (up 221 spots).

Raylee (up 159 spots).

Jurnee (up 77 spots).
(list adapted from GQ magazine, with cussing deleted)

Name your kids better, idiots!

At least you didn't name the baby Khaleesi like lots of Millenials did after HBO's Breasts and Dragons show. Toward the end of the series I heard that her character killed lots of innocent villagers making her pretty much a villain, and now thousands of little Millenial babies are cursed with a lame name of a mass murderer.

Here is also a list of the idiotic names that are now trending from our braindead youth, who I question whether should be reproducing at all:

BOYS

Kairo (up 423 spots). Regular Cairo is also on this list, but somehow Kairo is even more popular because K.

Kace (up 315 spots). We’re long past people naming their children after jobs (Tailor, Sailor, Racer, Accountant). The hot thing now is to name your child after an object, but then switching up a few letters to Mountain Dew-ify the name by at least 20 percent. Hence, Kace. Coming soon: Hammyr, Gunn, and Trukk.

Kashton (up 302 spots).

Jaxxon (up 214 spots). I openly refuse to believe anyone actually named their child this...

Ledger (up 205 spots). I’m just glad that LETO isn’t also among the fast risers here. But the name HEATH is right there for you if you really want to project your generic fanboyism onto some poor child for life.

Aaden (up 133 spots). Aaden. AADEN. .....why not AAAAAAADEN. Why? Why is this here? Do I pronounce it Aiden, or Ahhhhh-den? What is wrong with the older version Aiden? What are you people doing to these poor names?

Kannon, Kyson, Kyng, Kaison. Yep, they’re all here, including two separate variants on “Kai-son,” which isn’t even a name to begin with. It’s just a K, people. There’s nothing special about it.

GIRLS
Ensley (up 1461 spots).

Oaklyn (up 749 spots).

Kynlee (up 221 spots).

Raylee (up 159 spots).

Jurnee (up 77 spots).

Yep. I have to deal with trying to pronounce all of these on a daily basis and am laughed at (or with...). Many names like Iliana have two dozen spellings with a variation of 4 letters.
Ryan,
Good name. She'll stand out in this new generation.
Have a boy and call him John same thing (I have run across maybe 2 or 3 John names so far).

The name Mary is certainly dear to me. My wife's name is Mary, and her nickname is simply Mar, which is short for Mara. [derived from the Hebrew Miryām (sea of bitterness, sea of sorrow)]

We went through such difficult times 20 some years ago that I even renamed my Corporation Maracorp International. Many times when people have asked how we got a name like that, I told them a little of the bitter times we once knew through the good Providence of God.

Ruth 1:20‭-‬21 KJV
And she said unto them, Call me not Naomi (pleasing), call me 'Mara' (bitter): for the Almighty hath dealt very bitterly with me. I went out full, and the Lord hath brought me home again empty: why then call ye me Naomi, seeing the Lord hath testified against me, and the Almighty hath afflicted me?
Jesus' mother Mary was aptly named because of the sword that would pierce through her heart one day.

It's a good name.

We just found out today we are having a daughter. We are so excited as we have 2 boys already.

We both agreed on a name we really like: Mary Anna Klemmer. Any thoughts on why this would be a bad idea, or could we not go wrong with this choice? Just trying to think it through. Thanks!

Earline Joe Klemmer sounds great to me.

Funny Story.... I had already been granted two sons when 2 years later we were expecting again. I wanted a girl the first time. I wanted to name the child after my mother. Same thing happened the second time. The third time the Ultra Sound seemed to indicate we were going to have a girl. I was excited. Then out of the matrix popped another son with a yinky longer than his brothers. I gasped. We didn't have a boys name picked out. I was excited at the prospect of getting to name a son after one of my favorite historical figures though. So, I have a third son named Samuel Rutherford Snyder. lol

God grant you Grace in what is being formed in the womb brother. May he keep your wife and child safe, healthy, and happy during this time.

We really just picked it for the Biblical richness.
That was our reason as well. While we rightly detest Rome's idolatrous veneration of Mary, we should not allow that extinguish that loving esteem the godly should have for the mother of our Lord. She was singularly "blessed among women." (Luke 1:28)

I have a cousin-in-law with the name Ridge.

And of course, with recent family developments, I very much prefer the original spelling AIDEN.

BOYS

Kashton (up 302 spots).

GIRLS
Ensley (up 1461 spots).

Oaklyn (up 749 spots).

Kynlee (up 221 spots).

Raylee (up 159 spots).

Jurnee (up 77 spots).

I am a first year teacher and I feel the pain of this trend. Just name your kids normal names! I don't mind names that are from other cultures, but these are just made up a lot of time nowadays and don't have any ground in any family or culture. And then when you have to memorize so many... :duh:

Anymore, when I ask an expecting couple what they plan on naming their child, I brace myself for something truly weird. Then if it turns out to be a weird one, I think really hard about doing the opposite of what my facial muscles naturally want to do.

If you want some other suggestions, here are some "English names" I've encountered in the past among my Chinese students:

Lanrain ("I made it up!" she said proudly.)
Empty
Panda
Feary
Lucifer
Buddha
Green
Brown
Fish
Bobo
Dudu...

And many more I can't recall right now.

My adopted daughter came with the name Yasmina at almost age 3, and she was undergoing so much traumatic change that we left it, although we could have changed it when she legally got our last name. It is a pretty name and all the kids and relatives liked it....I wanted an Anna or Suzanna but got outvoted.

Anyway, turns out that on every single field trip with the Christian school and later home school co-op, every other girl in the class could buy pencils and bracelets and all sorts of knick knacks with their name on it in the gift shop, but never a Yasmina to be found. In those immature days I would get roundly criticized for that name and told that her own daughter would have a good name that is on the jewelry at the shops and why did we do this to her.

This summer at the beach I found some beautiful necklaces with elegant cursive names in the middle for all the girls in our broader family. But no Yasmina, although they had an option with a flower so I got that. Hope she has grown up enough to like it, LOL. Mary Anna is pretty- go for it.

BOYS

Kashton (up 302 spots).

GIRLS
Ensley (up 1461 spots).

Oaklyn (up 749 spots).

Kynlee (up 221 spots).

Raylee (up 159 spots).

Jurnee (up 77 spots).

How about Stonea Greyn pronounced stone-a grain? I made it up like a Millenial pro :D

I heard of an inner city mom here in Saint Louis who concluded that the hospital already gave her little baby girl a named, pronounced Femali (like Tamale, the Mexican food), and when she spelled it as "F-E-M-A-L-E" I realized that she had looked at the gender as the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back