Name for my site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hancdefendemus.com/

Note: Hanc Defendemus is Latin for "This We'll Defend."
It is the Army motto & came to mind because if one is passionate about helping sinners understand Scripture through the lens of Reformed theology, they must be willing to defend the Reformed doctrines found in our Confession of Faith (that so beautifully communicate the truths of Scripture). As an Army Chaplin you are obviously willing to defend BOTH our Country (as a solider in the Army) and our Confession of Faith (as a minister of God's Word).

Last edited:
:lol:

Your last one is classic, Ben! If you are serious about a site name coming from this thread I would suggest something with Chaplain in the title.

I won't have the word "chaplain" in my site name, nor will it be prominent on my site. A significant factor into why I haven't been online in the first place is that I am personally familiar with TWO chaplains who got in trouble for stuff on their websites. So I'm going to play it safe and not make it easy for The Man.

I'd rather not have the word Alaska in my name either, as the army assures me I'm only going to be here until sumer of 2014 - unless something happens to make my departure date even earlier. That coupled with the fact that I don't plan on coming back here leads me to not want to adopt a name that I'll need to change in a year and a half.

gentileben is sheer genius and I would never, ever, tire of it

I grew up with 'Gentle Ben' - it was a regular staple on children's TV in the late 1980s

i don't like the names either lol.....what is your site about and that would help us better know a good title...

My son just thought of: thebenaddiction.com as a sort of play on words. Pretty clever for a 12yr old! What think ye?

I won't have the word "chaplain" in my site name, nor will it be prominent on my site. A significant factor into why I haven't been online in the first place is that I am personally familiar with TWO chaplains who got in trouble for stuff on their websites. So I'm going to play it safe and not make it easy for The Man.

I'd rather not have the word Alaska in my name either, as the army assures me I'm only going to be here until sumer of 2014 - unless something happens to make my departure date even earlier. That coupled with the fact that I don't plan on coming back here leads me to not want to adopt a name that I'll need to change in a year and a half.

Makes senese. Then I like your son's idea of "thebenaddiction"!

What about if I go with my name?

For instance, benjaminduncan.org or benjaminduncan.net are both available.

Is there any reason to stick with a .com address over a .org or a .net address?

http://www.Ben-oni.com/
In Scripture "Ben-oni" means "son of my sorrow" or "son of my strength"
Ironically, the plural "oni" is defined as "a diverse group of evil spirits who take on the form of humanoid creatures so that they can enjoy the pleasures and vices of the flesh."
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back