Name That Band....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OPC'n

Puritan Board Doctor
I love all types genre music I just have to say. I'm glad I do bc every once in awhile I find a gem like the Allmen Brothers Band (I'm sure many already know them). So which band have you found that you love when straying from your usual genre of music?

[video=youtube;pDIQ7Otf1mw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDIQ7Otf1mw&list=PLVfOQW9L0XbGIySHs5uWdYHV_6ixerb36[/video]

So far as the Allman Brother Jessica is a go to song.

[video=youtube;nlaoR5m4L80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlaoR5m4L80[/video]

I love the Allman Brothers Band, one of America's greatest rock and blues bands. Founded in 1969, they disbanded in 2014, after 45 years on the road and many albums. The album "Live at Fillmore" (1971) is one of the classic rock and blues live albums of all time.

Saw some of the Allmans at Bluesfest in 2014,
(Bluesfest runs over five days and we camp on site every year)
They also played with Gov Mule,

All their concerts were great, amazing musicians :)

I find a gem like the Allmen Brothers Band

Never heard of the Allmen Brothers Band. The Allman Brothers were popular with the doper crowd when I was in high school. Some friends were upset when Duane did the motorcycle - truck thing. I never was a fan.

Since being converted I have never been to a "gig", or any modern music concerts,
though I would and have attended classical evenings. But I must confess to enjoying
musical street performers. Someone on the board at one time, drew attention to the Jazz
Band, Tuba Skinny, whose performances on Royal Street, New Orleans get my feet tapping.
Their improvisation and no use of musical scores reveals a natural musicianship that needs
no scholarship. No histrionics, no stage settings, but pure enjoyment of creating a blend.

I find a gem like the Allmen Brothers Band

Never heard of the Allmen Brothers Band. The Allman Brothers were popular with the doper crowd when I was in high school. Some friends were upset when Duane did the motorcycle - truck thing. I never was a fan.

They may have been popular with the dopers at your school (in fact, guitarist Dickey Betts, one of the founding members, was kicked out of the band for his incessant doping/drinking), but that's no reflection on the band itself. Unlike, say, the Grateful Dead, the Allman Brothers Band was a tight, disciplined group that displayed unified, cohesive musicianship. I've always enjoyed them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back